Buying Gasit Bottle.A coupleof questions. (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Hiya Folks.This may seem like a daft question but,Reading past articles,I notice that on the first fill it seems 85% fill is the start.I am fitting a 11kg bottle and a outer fill point so i dont have to open locker to fill up.How do you know when it is full,do you set the pump to a specific amount or do i stll have to open locker to read the cylinder guage.Also I have a automatic changeover regulator.Can i connect a 6kg calor bottle to one side of regulator and Gas it on other side..Any other help would be apreciated.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The bottle has an inbuilt 85% full cutoff valve.

It should be impossible to fill past 85% unless the valve is faulty.
When its full the pump will slow to a stop or may judder indicating it cant get anymore gas in.

You cannot pre select an amount as you have to constantly press the button on the pump to continue dispensing gas.....let the button go and gas flow stops....a dead mans button for safety.

Whether you fit a pair of refillables to the changeover valve or one of each is your choice....it works the same way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Thanks for quick replies(y)..Questions answered.:)Anyone have any more usefull info ideas please post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
80% not 85
11kg should take 22 litres
on first fill LET GO at 22 litres if it doesn't stop

And what's the average on a used empty Andy ..? Asking as I've not filled mine yet..

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks for quick replies(y)..Questions answered.:)Anyone have any more usefull info ideas please post

Yes they are cheap do a good job and work well. The fill meter stays high for ever then starts to drop away suddenly.oh! support 1st class :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Don't forget to close the valves on the top of the bottles when filling, or you may damage your regulator

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Not sure I like an auto change over using a standard bottle along side a refillable bottle
what happens if the user forgets to shut down the standard bottle and fills anyway
regulator damage aside, any danger of the standard bottle being over filled beyond 80% as it has no cut off valve?
resulting in liquid lpg being delivered to appliances

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Not sure I like an auto change over using a standard bottle along side a refillable bottle
what happens if the user forgets to shut down the standard bottle and fills anyway
regulator damage aside, any danger of the standard bottle being over filled beyond 80% as it has no cut off valve?
resulting in liquid lpg being delivered to appliances
As the auto change over v/v only works in one direction at a time, I am sure you cannot backfill through the auto v/v.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back