First European trip (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Afternoon people. I have pulled a sickie today and got the chance to watch the draw for the Europa League qualifying round. I wont bore you with all the football chat and i'll get straight to the point.....

My team (Aberdeen) have been drawn to play against Fola Esch, who play in the Luxembourg town of Esch-sur-Alzette. Has anyone had the motorhome there and could point me in the direction of close by sites? Looking forward to taking my autostratus on its first proper road trip!

Any advice and help would be great.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Luxembourg is pretty small so it wouldn't be a long commute wherever you stay. We've stopped at Camping Birkelt near Larochette - it did the job. However it's 30 miles from your match venue so you may see somewhere closer.

CCI has a few spots listed : http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?pays=LUXEMBOURG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Thanks @magicsurfbus and @StitchesnFluff

I have "booked" in to the Kocklescheuer site for 3 nights. I say "booked" because I haven't received any kind of confirmation from them. I have emailed them again to confirm booking but still no word. Looks like I'll have to give them a phone or just take my chances.

Upvote 0

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Good luck to Aberdeen in the "ropey" as us Spurs fans call it.
With any luck we might be going to Madrid, Barca or Munich next season for a change. Get thru to the ko stages and it's a good comp, only trouble was thursday nights in god knows where Azerbaijan don't do much for your league form........

Upvote 0
OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Good luck to Aberdeen in the "ropey" as us Spurs fans call it.
With any luck we might be going to Madrid, Barca or Munich next season for a change. Get thru to the ko stages and it's a good comp, only trouble was thursday nights in god knows where Azerbaijan don't do much for your league form........

Yes indeed it is the group stages we are hoping for. It's a big ask though, we have had a good run the last 2 seasons so hope to improve on it this time. I was all set to follow them around Europe last season but the draws threw up Macedonia, Croatia and a small team who play 200 miles from the Chinese border in Khazakstan. A bit to much travel time for a first timer I though so I gave it a miss. :LOL:

Good luck to you guys to. You fairly deserve it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Yes indeed it is the group stages we are hoping for. It's a big ask though, we have had a good run the last 2 seasons so hope to improve on it this time. I was all set to follow them around Europe last season but the draws threw up Macedonia, Croatia and a small team who play 200 miles from the Chinese border in Khazakstan. A bit to much travel time for a first timer I though so I gave it a miss. :LOL:

Good luck to you guys to. You fairly deserve it.

Cheers, would be nice to see the good days come back to Aberdeen, I can remember when they were a bit special too. You're def going in the right direction.
Yep we've worked bloody hard for our CL berth next season and lets hope we can do as well as the last time. Looks like at least one striker inbound, so young Harry might get a break now and again!

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Luxembourg is pretty small so it wouldn't be a long commute wherever you stay. We've stopped at Camping Birkelt near Larochette - it did the job. However it's 30 miles from your match venue so you may see somewhere closer.

CCI has a few spots listed : http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?pays=LUXEMBOURG
We are there in 2 weeks, great site, although the "main" road is a little narrow through Larochette when you meet an HGV coming the other way! :D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Arrived at Camping Kochelscheuer yesterday about 3ish. Lovely quiet site and I got checked in no problem even though my original online booking had failed for some reason. Have to say I was a bit worried about the driving side of things, what with it being a fairly old van, driving on the right etc but I really enjoyed it. The Garmin camper kept me right and the miles seemed to flee by. The van didn't miss a beat!

The site is lovely. Nice wooded area, clean facilities, a little shop that as mentioned elsewhere isn't open the most convenient hours it also has a little burger van/kiosk thing where you can get a bit of chow if you don't feel like cooking. I got a chinese delivered to the site last night because I am lazy. The Luxembourgish chinese community aren't stingy with their king prawns!

Took the moped out for a blast last night as I just passed my C.B.T the other day and only went and took a wrong turn on to the motorway, not a good experience believe me!

Sitting outside in the glorious weather today playing poker and having a few beers getting ready to go and watch the might Aberdeen put a few past F.C Fola Esch later. Should be a good night!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back