Matlock Bath. (1 Viewer)

Dog lover

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Derbyshire
Funster No
Hi all

The wife is retracing childhood steps and remembers going to matlock bath as a kid. We have a spare weekend the week after next and would like to go back there.
We have a 30ft RV and would like to be within reasonable walking distance (a mile or so), can any one suggest a site that might suit our need, a pub site or a club site??:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Link Removed

try this link it may help:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Can't think of one within walking distance but here is a suggestion. The hurt arms at Ambergate, nice pub with camp site and there is a railway station across from it that goes to Matlock and Matlock Bath, You would be there in no time. Ambergate / pub is on the junction of the A610 and A6 ( 10 - 15 mins from M1 J28 )

Regards

Lampie

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
The illuminations are on at present, plus the illuminated boats going down the river so the area will be very busy. Pretty certain the Park and Ride bus service should be running from the Council Buildings in Matlock and Cromford Meadows at the other end. On certain Saturdays in October there are also Firework displays.

Cherrybaby

Free Member
Jul 24, 2009
Lassay Les Chateaux Fr
Funster No
Exp
Hi all

The wife is retracing childhood steps and remembers going to matlock bath as a kid. We have a spare weekend the week after next and would like to go back there.
We have a 30ft RV and would like to be within reasonable walking distance (a mile or so), can any one suggest a site that might suit our need, a pub site or a club site??:Smile:

Hi,
I used to live near Matlock Bath, there is No campsite within walking distance, but you could park up near the NewBath Hotel, towards Social services office,turn right at the Hotel, then walk, there is a campsite at Carsington water or Tansley, and yes fireworks on some weekends, lights are not what they used to be.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I know it's not Matlock but, Greenhills in Bakewell is just a short walk from the center of Bakewell. And you can get the bus into Matlock.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know it's not Matlock but, Greenhills in Bakewell is just a short walk from the center of Bakewell. And you can get the bus into Matlock.

I'd have said that had it not been 9 miles away. Bakewell is a a really nice little town to walk around but not at all like Matlock Bath which is best described as Blackpool of the Dales and a great place to ride to for fish 'n' chips on a warm sunny day. I think warm sunny days are gone for this year.

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
I'd have said that had it not been 9 miles away. Bakewell is a a really nice little town to walk around but not at all like Matlock Bath which is best described as Blackpool of the Dales and a great place to ride to for fish 'n' chips on a warm sunny day. I think warm sunny days are gone for this year.

I would also add that it is probably the best free motorbike display along the road on a Sunday afternoon, but beware of speeding bikes getting there. :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back