Eek... Confessions of a dribbler (1 Viewer)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
:LOL::LOL::(F After a great weekend at the Music and Mechanicals meet( which turned out to be planes and not bubble cars) we went to empty our great waste at home into the hog .no water appeared so we thought we had a blockage a pesky mouse came to mind !after run in fresh water through the taps we realised there had been no waste water in the tank. Eek! We had committed the sin of leaving open the valve and grey waste on the grass.something I do hate and never done before. All over the lovely airfield will be specs of rice and shampoo as had a curry for tea and washed hair!
Hope we aren't blackballed from any future meets and really will check all holes are dutifully bunged for next time!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Fear Not!. The (un)official Caravan Club rally marshal's book is on your side (well almost). "where no facility is provided grey water will be distributed in and amongst hedgerows".

For many years (of Rallying), I had a short length of sewer pipe which we stuffed with grass on arrival and which acted as a filter, the contents of which where disposed of in the waste before departure. Once camped behind a barn with the R-V, when I asked the owner where I could pump my BLACK waste too, his reply was "anywhere in that field behind"!. He just put it on the land. As late as 1960`s people where still putting "night soil" on the fields near Hull.

Pete

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I was on the M27 yesterday following a motorhome who discharged some chemical smelling fluid for about 30 seconds. Not a dribble a full on whoosh.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I was on the M27 yesterday following a motorhome who discharged some chemical smelling fluid for about 30 seconds. Not a dribble a full on whoosh.

Could have been a tank cleaner?. I put it in my grey tank a couple of times a year and go for a drive, on return I put it down the drain. NOT on the M way!!, but I suppose the valve may have been accidently left open?????.;););)

Pete

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hope we aren't blackballed from any future meets and really will check all holes are dutifully bunged for next time!

Many of us have been there. I stopped in a big and brand new motorway service area once and had a shower in the van. I then popped into the service area while Siân jumped in the shower, on my return I saw this massive soapy/bubbly triangle that looked like it was 100 gallons of waste rather than just the 2 coming from our open grey tap.. Embarrassing to say the least :oops:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Many of us have been there. I stopped in a big and brand new motorway service area once and had a shower in the van. I then popped into the service area while Siân jumped in the shower, on my return I saw this massive soapy/bubbly triangle that looked like it was 100 gallons of waste rather than just the 2 coming from our open grey tap.. Embarrassing to say the least :oops:
Expect it from you Jim but suprised at Siân
Try using the inside shower when in a public place:Eeek:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Disgusting !!

The least you can do is return to the scene of this hideous crime, armed with a 'wet and dry' vacuum cleaner and clean up every last drop.

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Disgusting !!

The least you can do is return to the scene of this hideous crime, armed with a 'wet and dry' vacuum cleaner and clean up every last drop.
Can't ever go back and will hold my head in shame Robert!!;):LOL:

Anyway it was Robs fault he is in charge of all waste !!:whistle:

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I stayed on a Caravan Club site for a week. When leaving I drove to the MH service point but couldn't pull out the plunger to open the grey water tank. (It was really awkward and a long reach underneath ). I even asked a passing camper to give it a tug. Felt really stupid when he said it was already open. What I can't believe is I was emptying onto the hardstanding all week and no one told me off! No doubt someone wrote a letter though!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Anyway it was Robs fault he is in charge of all waste !!:whistle:

Mrs C reckoned it was Rob's fault too

She's has amazing powers of detection
Which are heightened when sucking on a humbug

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Lol! All blue jobs are the boys/men's jobs but I bought heavy duty blue rubber gloves for toilette duty( some of those chemical loo places are rank in France!) but they didn't fit Rob!!! Note to self always by very large rubber gloves !

Agree with Mrs C but I like a good mint imperial myself!!
Enjoy your travels the photos look stunning!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Last month I forgot to open the locked port to the waste dropping off point on a very neat and tidy campsite near Abbeville, went off to the loo while it emptied, and returned to find a flooded campsite road and an irate site owner. Not sure I'll be welcome back there.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you dribble, Range does a good line in Vinyl waistcoats, the Paisley pattern is the most popular I'm told:)
Easy to wipe clean too

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
All over the lovely airfield will be specs of rice and shampoo as had a curry for tea and washed hair!
:oops:

I did a litter pick before we left & you will be relieved to know that there was no obvious evidence of your crime. :cool:

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for checking!!! ;)Rob loved the weekend meeting all the musicians ! We will try and get down one Sunday in September when things settle down ! Can you let us know the pub name he has forgotten to right it down!

Thanks again ! A great meet hope it's on next year!:)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I've got one of those but you must go into the garage to get to the switch, not on the move.
simple enough to rewire to the dash and makes a great james bond style tailgater repeller

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
:oops:

I did a litter pick before we left & you will be relieved to know that there was no obvious evidence of your crime. :cool:

Did the rice taste a bit soapy though? :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back