Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Fiat Ducato early 2006 clipboard on dash model
this dash only has a single DIN radio mount.
I would like a single din radio with pop up touch screen
On first inspection it would appear this can't be done.

1. A pop up flip out screen that deploys out then up will foul the clipboard over hang and display will still be pointing down.

2. A screen that deploys out and then down will fail also as it appears this will foul the dash and remain point up
neither option it seem will give the driver a normal view of the screen

Has anyone come up with a solution to this or found a media player that is capable of over coming this problem.

Has any one perhaps found a dash converter panel that will allow a standard double din unit to be fitted?
G

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Will the tablet holder move out of the way when up? If so, short term solution...(y) If not, back to the drawing board...:cautious:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Fiat Ducato early 2006 clipboard on dash model
this dash only has a single DIN radio mount.
I would like a single din radio with pop up touch screen
On first inspection it would appear this can't be done.

1. A pop up flip out screen that deploys out then up will foul the clipboard over hang and display will still be pointing down.

2. A screen that deploys out and then down will fail also as it appears this will foul the dash and remain point up
neither option it seem will give the driver a normal view of the screen

Has anyone come up with a solution to this or found a media player that is capable of over coming this problem.

Has any one perhaps found a dash converter panel that will allow a standard double din unit to be fitted?
G

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Hiya G, found both these two companies helpful........... Dynamic Sounds ..... and ......Bassjunkies, both easy to find on the web or on e-bay

Ron

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I had a single DIN Alpine with a slide out, pop up touch screen that did not foul the dashboard, and had some adjustment for the angle when in use. I still have it in the shed, complete with cabling and the remote central processor box, which was originally mounted under the driver's seat. It was installed in a [correction:] 2008 Fiat Ducato and I don't know whether the dash is different to a 2006 model.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I had a single DIN Alpine with a slide out, pop up touch screen that did not foul the dashboard, and had some adjustment for the angle when in use. I still have it in the shed, complete with cabling and the remote central processor box, which was originally mounted under the driver's seat. It was installed in a [correction:] 2008 Fiat Ducato and I don't know whether the dash is different to a 2006 model.

Unfortunately it is, the problem is perhaps better described as the single DIN Radio is set back into the dash by 2" so a standard flip out is out the question
and i was hoping some one had found a fix I could re model the Dash but was hoping not to
G

anthony whitstable

Free Member
Jan 26, 2014
whitstable
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i have a flip screen in a fiat ducato 2005 single Din touch screen you mount the radio out with the brackets supplied and halfords does a extention cover so it misses the clip board and looks finished
anthony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back