LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
we're hoping to go to Morocco January 2017 does anyone else have any plans similar to this?

In the meantime it could be worth you putting Morocco 2014. Morocco 2015. Morocco 2016 in the search at the top, have a read through will give you lots of idea of the Funster Morocco trips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi @Running Wild we are thinking of going over to Morocco around Jan 2017. With another couple of funsters. Have you been before, It will be a first for us, so a bit nervous of making the trip.Think it could be helpful if we went with someone who has done it before,and new what they 're doing (y) Mew.

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We went for the first time last year. We went mid December and did 10 weeks. Loved it. We went with @Sparkly and they took us to some wonderful places. Took Jane a couple of weeks to get used to it but definitely going back. Perhaps winter 2017. Keep eyes on posts as there is sure to be groups crossing. Ps we had 10 weeks of wall to wall sunshine. Only rained on the day we left.

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
So looks like it will be the blind leading the blind then @Running Wild :giggler::giggler:' but I bet there will be some funsters that are old hands at this going over;) :clap: to keep us on the right track (y). Mew

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
We will be going again, the first time we had a Land Rover 130 camper and did the deserts wild caming under the stars, only going into a town for food and fuel,
If you look at are website under trips you can see a lot of photos, also links there is a video of Sasha in the desert with freinds.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We will be going back in 2017 but not until beginning of Feb. We went for the first time this year. Loved it (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
And peeps get long jail sentences for trying to reach Middle Eastern and African countries. :)

" Good day sir. Can you tell me why you wish to travel to Morocco"?
"Yes, I want to shoot bad guys".....
"That's fine sir, please pass through, and.....Happy Hunting........"

As opposed to.........

"Good day sir. Can you tell me why you wish to travel to Morocco"?
"Yes, I want to join Islamic State, bring my children up in a totally fresh and fundamentalist Islamic doctrine, and cover the wife's ugly face up with a large sack........."
"Five years. Take him down........":)

Bob and Sue Bird

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
Broadstairs
Funster No
MH
Ducato
Exp
10 years
We are also interested in an early 2017 Morocco trip. We will be in Spain and planning something like a 2-3 week break to Morocco. If anybody is interested in principle let us know...

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We are also interested in an early 2017 Morocco trip. We will be in Spain and planning something like a 2-3 week break to Morocco. If anybody is interested in principle let us know...
2-3 weeks is not really long enough for Morocco it would be better if you stayed longer

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
2-3 weeks is not really long enough for Morocco it would be better if you stayed longer

2-3 weeks starting from Spain would allow you to do the highlights, perhaps following the common guided tour route. Clockwise from Tanger Med via Chefchoan , Fez, Azrou, over the Atlas to Merzouga, Todra gorge, ouarzazate, Marrakesh then up the motorway back to Tanger Med. It would be quick but exciting!

Good luck with the planning

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It it would be the first time to Morocco for us

What may surprise you is just how similar it is to Europe. Just how green it is when you arrive. How French it is.

You'll see many many homes made with mud bricks but you will also see the sat dishes on the roofs.

Kelso

Free Member
Sep 19, 2013
Whitchurch, Hants
Funster No
MH
McLouis
Exp
10 years
Hi, we to are thinking about Morocco .around Feb 2017, but would prefer to go with some others. The last time I was there was nearly 45 years ago (hitch hiking). so I guess things have changed...lol.
If anyone is interested in making up a party, or offering any Tips, then please contact us..
Kelso & Margit

Bob and Sue Bird

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
Broadstairs
Funster No
MH
Ducato
Exp
10 years
Yes, we are near Valencia over winter and would be interested in a Morocco trip Jan/Feb ish. So, count us in at this stage - what did you have in mind?

Bob and Sue

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
We are also still interested in going to Morocco trip jan/feb ish.Never been before but heard some great reports from other funsters.I'll keep my eye on this thread for further info.
Mew and Mick

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you are taking a dog to Morocco, you will need to get the rabies jab and certificate sorted out.

Moroc

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Geist Touring 690
Exp
since 2001
Been to Morocco before and would like to go back again January/February but with others this time. Dogs no problem, mine loved it! Anyone interested ?

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We are up for Morocco early January, thinking of two Months. Will be our first trip there.

Keith :cool:

Aug 19, 2015
Windermere
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
15 years
We definitely want to go early Jan if poss but happy to wait around in Spain for later folk. We are brave scaredy cats so want to join in with others. Been to Spain lots in winter (Nerja) but after a bit more sun and adventure.
Are there any Morocco bound Lincoln show goers we could meet up with next week? Lindy and Nige

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I coordinated a small group in January; basically get you across, give you some info and tell you to get on with it. I also did a small presentation, with the help of other Funsters who had been before, at Malvern last year. As it happens will be going to Lincoln and still have most of the presentation info in a folder - I'll bring it with me. Or you can come find me - we're the Swift Bolero with a Morocco painting on the back and a moustache on the bonnet (waits for silly remarks) - Terry and Brenda.

Tell you what, @Jim if there's nobody using the Funster marquee Saturday afternoon, say about 2.30 for an hour, I'll meet anyone there who would like to pick our brains (though I'm not the expert on Morocco itself). Any other "experienced" old Morocco hands more than welcome too.

We're planning to go over latish January but, due to an ongoing minor medical issue, I can't commit this winter.

OP
OP
R

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Terry
We met up with you and Cherry Pirate in Spain last year on our way back to Dorset in our Kontiki.
Please keep us in the loop on info as we are intending to go early Jan 2017.
We have both booked Jan and Feb off work, so may be in front of you but value your knowledge.
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back