Calais yacht harbour? (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Has anyone stopped there in the last week or so? Going over late Thursday and it's our preferred stop in Calais, but I thought I read somewhere that they were doing some work in the car park.

Malcolm

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I would be very surprised if you did not get on its a pretty big area ,you could always drive onto the front if it is the case but never seen it closed except when the annual fair is on.Enjoy lol.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Had a peaceful night at City of Europe last night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
A lot of the car park was fenced off when we were in Calais on 19th June but there was still a lot of parking available.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We stopped in Calais overnight for an early(ish) shuttle on Tuesday morning. The sea-front area has been fenced off so camping cars are using the area between the chip bars and the harbour, previously it had a height bar preventing us from using it. the borne is still available, but the water pressure hasn't improved. The marina is still available for overnight too.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Thanks all. we're off tomorrow night. The yacht harbour is better for us as it's not so far for me to walk to the boulongerie.

Malcolm

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The whole thing is due to close any time now as part of the redevelopments so it would be as well to have a plan B sorted just in case, especially if you're arriving late.

They're going to be putting in a new aire but it will be just outside the town towards Sangatte from what I've heard.

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
The whole thing is due to close any time now as part of the redevelopments so it would be as well to have a plan B sorted just in case, especially if you're arriving late.

They're going to be putting in a new aire but it will be just outside the town towards Sangatte from what I've heard.
I was asking about the yacht harbour, are you sure that is going to close as well?

Malcolm

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I was asking about the yacht harbour, are you sure that is going to close as well?

Malcolm

Yes. The entire site is due to close as part of the redevelopment project.

The new aire will be somewhere completely different.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We will probably be stopping the night at the marina (too noisy for the boss on the sea front) on our return to France next week so, if I see the man who collects the fees, I will ask what he knows about the move and post on here.

J

OP
OP
E
Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Well finally here after a 3 hour delay at the tunnel, they had a train stuck in the tunnel. Car park completely clear, very peaceful night and late morning. It looks like they,be done a lot of expensive work on the pavement area near the flats though. Development work going on on the yacht club side of the harbour, but couldn't be heard.

No man though, only payment option is pay by phone, which I would do if I understood it.

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back