Sep 2, 2009
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our first time next week.
Hi everyone,
We are planning a trip to france and spain for feb 2010, and were wondering if the hook ups are 240 volts and whether the connectors are the same as uk. Also does anyone know of any good quiet sites in france and spain. Is the weather warm in feb.
Many thanks.
Paula.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i would sayfrance toocold. head further south quickly. unless you are on the med you,l be lucky if you find a spanish site open .even then alot are closed lots places to free camp so why bother with sites. even spain in andalucia can be jumper weather in feb . but hoe you enjoy your trip may see you on the road somewhere. cheers alan.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I agree, far too cold in France , head south to Andalusia and take a jumper or better still, catch a ferry to Morocco, plenty of sites along the Atlantic coast or head inland over the High Atlas and experience the trip of a lifetime.

You will need a 2 pin - continental EHU lead adaptor for most Spanish sites.. buy at any caravan shop ..

Hook ups are 230v but power can be as low as 6A , so don't depend on portable electric heating.

You cannot buy Calor gas in Spain, if you run out you will need to buy a Spanish bottle and adaptor .. available at most garages and camp sites.

Sites are open in winter and full of snow birds waiting to fly back in the spring .. prices are reasonable for long stays but can be expensive for short ..

hth

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hi everyone,
We are planning a trip to france and spain for feb 2010, and were wondering if the hook ups are 240 volts and whether the connectors are the same as uk. Also does anyone know of any good quiet sites in france and spain. Is the weather warm in feb.
Many thanks.
Paula.:thumb:

As others have said France a bit on the CHILLY!! side head for Espana..we did the Costa Azahar in February/March and into early April this year, good weather shorts/Tshirt during the day fleece on at night.
Try and get the ACSI card, available from www.vicariousbooks.co.uk it makes the sites a bit cheaper, the ones that are open that is!!..try the following sites in Spain, Vilanova Park ..about 40 Kms south of Barcelona...or Camping Eden in Peniscola, both have web sites just google em up ..happy trails Paula!!

We should be down that way sometime in early January, can't wait, now the medics have given me the all clear.Yessssss

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Paula

Both France and Spain use the 2 pin connectors, best idea is to buy 2 before you go and change the wires round on one and then mark that one as reverse polarity, also buy a polarity tester to test the supply before you use any electrical items, I also came across a 3 pin reversed in France, so I carry all types to make life easy, enjoy your travels. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Paula

Both France and Spain use the 2 pin connectors, best idea is to buy 2 before you go and change the wires round on one and then mark that one as reverse polarity, also buy a polarity tester to test the supply before you use any electrical items, I also came across a 3 pin reversed in France, so I carry all types to make life easy, enjoy your travels. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

there should be no need to have this lead as MOST 2 pin plugs will fit either way round.
just unplug, turn it over and plug back in.

a short flexed blue 3 pin plug and socket, same as we use in the uk, with reversed wires is useful as these cant be turned round.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back