Am I wasting my time ? (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Think I could be wasting my time looking for a Motorhome pitch in the lake district. A decent one anyhow within short walk of stuff to do etc.
We are on our way to Hartlepool monkey hanger meet. Leaving Sunday eve or early Monday morn from Brighton Sussex area. Anyone have any good suggestions of a couple of decent places to stop.
Any help ideas be greatly appreciated as I have no idea myself and running out of time as I am really busy getting stuff done.
Thanks Paul

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Nice sites in Keswick, one is a C & C site, not sure of the others but yes its a short stroll into town.
There's also one in Bowness in Windermere which is easy to stroll to the town from, so if you've you've had a wee drinkie, its an easy stagger back to the site, can't think how I might know this :ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If you are in the CCC club, the Keswick site is good and just a short walk from the town centre . :)

Edit. Snap posted at the same time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our policy has always been Go anyway, something always turns up. Countless times we've been told over the phone that sites are full, especially in peak times, such as bank hols and school holidays, but...when you turn up on spec and 'ask' they either do have a slot, or bend over backwards to find you an 'unofficial' pitch. That we are not afraid to wild-park if we can't find anywhere to park does help, but believe it or not, 99 times out a hundred turning up on spec, we get pitched.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
99 times out a hundred turning up on spec, we get pitched

I'll bear that in mind Jim, 30 odd yrs ago it was the norm to turn up on spec but, I suppose we just got used to booking to avoid disappointment. There are some cracking bits to wild camp in the Lakes so yes the versatility to wild camp is the trump card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
All main ones appear booked havnt time in day to ring any and ones I have messaged havnt replied so were have to wing it. worked before was Just trying a little organisation for a change ha ha

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Go up via Yorkshire instead, save a load of miles, club sites at Leyburn, my personal favourite Hawes, not so good Richmond (IMO, next to A66) but I think there might be another in town, or out to coast Scarborough / Whitby, no recommendations there but lovely area

I have stopped at CC Barnard Castle, nice site but a decent walk to town with no footpath

See you at Hartlepool (y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
One just North of Kendal (10 minutes from town on foot) and if it's full camp in the lay-by on top of Shap Fell - quiet with stunning views.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back