Too young for something too big! (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Not sure that the title best describes the nature of this thread and my query...anyway.......
We have not been MHers for long but are already planning our next van. The biggest thing to consider is the MAM. This is because it has to be under 3500kg.
This is because of the change to the licence categories granted in the 1990's when you passed a car test. This is when I wish I was just a few years older, as then I'd have no problems going over 3500kg.:cry:

Anyway, the layout we have been looking at and would probably be best for us for our next van is a rear u shape lounge, with a dinette at the front. These are usually 6 berth with an overcab. Bathroon in the middle.
Is there a van with this layout that falls within the 3500kg MAM???????

I understand that if there is such a van, that due to its size there will be far less payload available than we have at the moment.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
take your c1 test make life easier and safer for yourself n passengers . its very hard to get every thing in at 3.5ton. cheers alan

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I happened to have exactly want you are looking for. It is a rear U shape dinnette, seats 6 but sleeps 4.(it goes down to a double bed) The toilets and showers are in the middle. Behind the drivers seat is another dinette table with a second layer table which swings out, with 2 upholstered seats and the driver and passenger seat swivel making it a total 4 seater. It only sleeps 4 in total comfortably. Sleep 2 in the U shape lounge and 2 in the alcove above the cab
It comes under 3.5 tonnes.
It is a TEC, 6.5 metres long, German make. See attached picture.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
swift kontiki, roadstar, some of the autotrail vans.

best layout there is if you like to 'slob' out.

kontiki lounge convert to a massive double, overcab 'double ?' not very big. ok for kids.
dinnette converts to a double

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
why miss out on foreign quality when you can buy inferier british makes.. hymer do one that as the layout. the trouble is the payload. campers need to be atleast 5ton gross. shame the rules changed.

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
pic

I happened to have exactly want you are looking for. It is a rear U shape dinnette, seats 6 but sleeps 4.(it goes down to a double bed) The toilets and showers are in the middle. Behind the drivers seat is another dinette table with a second layer table which swings out, with 2 upholstered seats and the driver and passenger seat swivel making it a total 4 seater. It only sleeps 4 in total comfortably. Sleep 2 in the U shape lounge and 2 in the alcove above the cab
It comes under 3.5 tonnes.
It is a TEC, 6.5 metres long, German make. See attached picture.

Link Removed

hi Beachbum
just got a new motorhome so not after one but love the pic off yours with the the snow behind it

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Ace firenze,nice modern van,got the layout you are looking for,sleeps 6 and 6 seatbelts.
The europeans may do some with this layout but the fabric they use is something my granny would pick:Smile:
Not so bad if your in good weather all the time and therefore outside but if your stuck in for too long some of the fabrics they use could make you ill:ROFLMAO:
Dave

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
why miss out on foreign quality when you can buy inferier british makes.

Had a new Hymer now have a "inferier british" van which we thing is just good as the Hymer.

As already said pleny of nice vans out there A Swift 630 should be worth a look.

Rich...

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Our Swit Kontiki 640 is just under 3500KG and its 7.25 meters long, big rear lounge, dinette and over cab bed. I think the payload is 690kg or around that, anyway it was enough for us to put a scooter on the back (just) and carry all our stuff across Europe for 3 months with I think 60KG to spare. Its a 1996 model so not sure if you are looking for something more recent. Dont know what the fill these newer vans with to make them so heavy

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi barry. dont have much space for wine n beer if you go to maroc ,. 90 days for two of you ,thats 90ltr wine +180litr beer and your not drunk then. never mind all the other goodys. cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back