LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Decided to go back to Benidorm (El Raco) for the summer, we usually go to Croatia but this year Spain won. On the ferry Tuesday evening (28th). Probably not the best time to go with the Euro so low, but if I think back a couple of years when we went the exchange rate was hovering between 1.16-1.19 so it is not too bad if it stays around where it is. We managed to load the Revolut card a few weeks ago when the rate was better, so not overly concerned about that. We intend getting back in time for the Lincoln show in September (not booked a return ferry as yet). Just thought we would stock up on wine etc. ready for the Christmas period, because we won't be hitting Europe again until Feb next year. Whatever you are doing over the summer moths enjoy it and safe travels...........Derek & Aud

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great trip and hope you find some sun!!:sun:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Have A fantastic time was nice to meet up when you popped home lol , see you soon xx

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Safe journey guys, give our regards to our friends in the Tropical, and have a great time in Beni.
If you could manage to send a little sunshine our way it would be most appreciated.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we are leaving the sunshine here,and its hot,a few pitches to spare here at raco,but remember the spanish are on their way

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
we are leaving the sunshine here,and its hot,a few pitches to spare here at raco,but remember the spanish are on their way
Bill, I have reserved a slot but not a specific pitch, I hope to arrive on Thusday so I may beat a few Spanish. I guess all the Spanish will be under the trees. Never mind, I will take what is available. Maybe see you next week sometime, we were talking with Ken and Lyn at Stratford last week and they said we should touch base with you. Take care.......Derek & Aud

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Well.for now the best pitches are down the bottom,quieter,no spanish,but no shade

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Well.for now the best pitches are down the bottom,quieter,no spanish,but no shade
Thanks for the info Bill, we prefer the bottom end anyway, I will have to pull the fuse on the van air con to stop Aud being tempted to run up a huge electric bill.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Well u get 2kw in the price anyway

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We arrived Thursday as planned, no problems at all on the ferry or journey across. Had an overnight at Sobradiel services along with about three other vans in the bus lanes. Aud finds the tolls difficult having to get out to get ticket and make payment so have now ordered a Via-T tag from Tolltickets (for Motorhomes over 3.5 ton) which should get delivered to the campsite in a couple of weeks, that will make her happy on the return trip. Got all set up yesterday in the heat, which was hot, but not complaining cos that's what we come for. We are now going to start looking for a permanent pitch but it appears they are few and far between. Still no harm in looking. Anyway, to all you guys back in UK we hope the weather improves and you get a bit of sun soon. We will get back home in time for the Lincoln show in September, so see some of you there. Take care and safe travels............Derek & Aud

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
if ya on raco,they dont allow anymore permant pitches,all u can do is buy a already pitched unit

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Hope you have a great time we will be heading South end of August I hope

Paul & Lynne

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
if ya on raco,they dont allow anymore permant pitches,all u can do is buy a already pitched unit
Yes that is what we heard, but there ain't many, if any, being sold right now, if you hear of any give us a shout, we are on 465. Maybe have to wait for those new pitches to be finished and get in quick. We will have to catch up with you for a beer and a chat, you are welcome here anytime.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Going to be a few weeks for us but still plan to be over for the kids big summer holiday. I already have a 9 and 11 year old asking if we are going so they can hit the pool, beach and clubs !!!!!!
Hope to see you soon.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
derek even the new ones won't be permanant,raco have their allocation now,please be careful,ppl are selling units but they are not permant ,i will chat u both asap im on pitch 698

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back