Burry port. Great stop. But (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
image.jpeg On another post on places we can use as responsible motorhomers. We are staying at Burry port in Wales overnight only £7 right next to beach overlooking the Gower. (y)My point being there were 22 vans here last night and speaking to the very helpful gentleman taking the money we already shoot ourselves in the foot with reports of toilet cassette being emptied in the verge despite there being a toilet outside the office also grey water waste taps open. (4 vans last night). :madder:
I pointed this out to one occupied van they still carried on. Jim pointed out on another thread about another cheap or free place lost to park overnight. I would love more councils to adopt Carmarthenshires forward looking attitude to motorhomers and give us cheap overnight parking. But it won't happen I fear because we shoot ourselves in the foot. Again the small minority's spoil it for the rest!!!!! :swear2:

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Councils will always use them as the reason not to give us places

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
It will make it very hard for the Burry Port town council and others to support the continuation of Motorhome parking within the immanent redevelopment of the harbour front, no doubt the first people to complain when this is denied will be the inconsiderate group who continue to miss use the current facilities.
In my biased opinion one of the best overnight facilities in the UK will be lost which will be a great shame.
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
It will make it very hard for the Burry Port town council and others to support the continuation of Motorhome parking within the immanent redevelopment of the harbour front, no doubt the first people to complain when this is denied will be the inconsiderate group who continue to miss use the current facilities.
In my biased opinion one of the best overnight facilities in the UK will be lost which will be a great shame.
Cheers Ed
I quite agree. We drove down from the Midlands just for the weekend friendly and great cycling

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi Sheddy. Do you know what they are planning?

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Cheers Ed
Agree absolutely a great overnight stop and a great shame if the actions of a few irresponsible motorhomers have a negative impact on any future planning decisions. Wales is becoming more Moho friendly each year and that can only have a positive influence on the rest of the country and encourage local councils to follow suit (in my humble opinion :smiley:).

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Sheddy. Do you know what they are planning?
Not too much, the plans for the complete redevelopment are on the Carms planning portal, (S/30601) there appears to be no provision for specific Motorhome parking within the plans, however there will be new parking areas within the development which MAY or MAY NOT be suitable for MH parking, but they will not be on the front. The plans for the development have been an ongoing saga for years, with the involvement of the Welsh assembly and certain perennial objectors!
My current understanding is that the New lifeboat station will be started soon, however have not heard when the actual main development will start.
Cheers
Ed

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Prime land still empty after so many years since the old power station was demolished.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We were there 3weeks ago and witnessed the same thing.. The picture below was of two young women sitting in a clio music thumping out and just chucking rubbish on the floor via the window when there was a bin in front of their own car
20160610_201332.jpg

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
It was a bit noisy last night as well. Usual idiots think it clever to race up and sound horn about 1am. Saying that you get that at Aires in France as well. Don't think we'll go for the view next time. And go to the quiet area at the back:smiley:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We were there 3weeks ago and witnessed the same thing.. The picture below was of two young women sitting in a clio music thumping out and just chucking rubbish on the floor via the window when there was a bin in front of their own carView attachment 112418

Did you suggest to them they had inadvertently dropped something after you took the picture.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
We were there 3weeks ago and witnessed the same thing.. The picture below was of two young women sitting in a clio music thumping out and just chucking rubbish on the floor via the window when there was a bin in front of their own carView attachment 112418

First registered in Bournemouth if I read the number plate correctly as HG54 RVN - sadly likely to be fairly local I suspect.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We often go there on the Millennium Path either on the bikes or walking, its certainly no Lepe Country Park but not bad, the boy racers are a pain though at Burry Port and certainly spoil the fun.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back