Exmouth first trip too (1 Viewer)

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
What a cracking weekend that was, Friday night decided to take of stayed near West bay on friday, then toddled on down to Exmouth Sat AM, via a stop in Honiton for bits.

Dont know why but have travelled between Soton & plymouth for 30 plus years but never been here for a break, stayed on the sea front with about a dozen other vans.
Loverly location, "a few cars in the evening but live and let live no problem".

Why cant all towns be so tollerent, big THANKS to the powers that be there,:thumb::thumb: and an example to others, will definatly be back. Wasnt the weather the icing on the cake.:Smile::Smile:

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
There have been complaints locally about motorhomers paking on the sea front at Exmouth. There was talk about erecting notices to ban overnight motorhome parking but I do not know the outcome.

On the other hand Teignbridge District Council has made specific provision just across the River Exe from Exmouth for overnight motorhome parking at EastCliffe Teignmouth and Dawlish Warren on an experimental basis. That seems to have gone well probably because the motorhomes are close to the sea front but fairly invisible to the population at large.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigfish

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
Emailed town to say thanks.

Why don't you find an email address for them and say that direct.

Good idea this is, so have just done so and sent email to the town manager,
perhaps more people should do like wise, and do somethihg positive not only
for Exmouth but all towns where we are welcome.:thumb::thumb:

PM me if you want a copy or the contact.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good idea this is, so have just done so and sent email to the town manager,

Nice one. We Brits will complain at the drop of a hat but rarely give praise so I'm sure it will be very well received.

It might be different in France, I think they'd think you odd thanking them for what they see as a normal service that benefits everyone.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
You clearly didn't read my post which gave some local knowledge.

Parking on the sea front at Exmouth is not being tolerated; its more a case of the authorities not getting around to banning it. Writing to the authority is more likely to have the opposite affect stirring someone in the office to do something about the "sea front parking problem" as it is (or at least was) seen by the locals.

I am not up to date with the latest position because I've been abroad but the last I heard was that it was going to be stopped. They may have had a change of heart but I doubt it.

I do agree that writing to Councils that do tolerate parking such as the experiment in Teignbridge that I mentioned in my post is a very good idea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigfish

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
You clearly didn't read my post which gave some local knowledge.

Parking on the sea front at Exmouth is not being tolerated; its more a case of the authorities not getting around to banning it. Writing to the authority is more likely to have the opposite affect stirring someone in the office to do something about the "sea front parking problem" as it is (or at least was) seen by the locals.

I am not up to date with the latest position because I've been abroad but the last I heard was that it was going to be stopped. They may have had a change of heart but I doubt it.

I do agree that writing to Councils that do tolerate parking such as the experiment in Teignbridge that I mentioned in my post is a very good idea.

I did read your post, but beg to differ, as all of the people that i spoke to welcomed the chance to stay here, there was not one mone We spoke as you do to anybody that wanted to say hello and the only negative we got was about the cars going along the road in the evening, but as i said live and let live.
It was on this basis that i felt i had a good time, with a warm welcome, and wont appologise for highlighting this, as Brian says we dont speak out enough unless its some thing to moan about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back