RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Hi everyone,

The fridge vents on the outside of my motorhome are going quiet yellow in their age and the top corner of one of them is very loose so I was thinking of replacing them.

It was at that point I found out what a minefield this is, there are so many different types out there!

Mine look like this: Broken Link Removed

But how would I tell which model fridge I have? I can't see anything printed on the fridge at all.

There seem to be two types of vent like this too, but one has a button attachment and the other has some type of catch. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The fridge model may not help. There is no link between vent grille size / type and the fridge size / type.

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
How about measuring yours and then trying to search by size?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Getting rid of the yellowing is easy peasy. Remove the vents from your moho, get some Traffic film remover which is available from all decent motor factors, put the Traffic film remover into one of those hand operated plant sprayers available from any garden centre. Now make sure you have some gloves on to protect your hands from the caustic agent in the Traffic film remover. Put NEAT Traffic film remover into the sprayer, now spray the vents with the film remover & watch as the vents appear to got even more yellow, this is simply the yellowing coming off of the vents. Now spray the vents with a garden hose which will wash the yellowing away. You might have to repeat the process to get to the bits you missed on the first attempt. I've always done this annually to my caravans & motorhomes, I've also done the same thing to friends vents & watched their astonishment as the yellowing vanishes before their eye's! The trick also works on other white plastic covers & power/water inlets on their vans but, a word of caution though, do not leave the traffic film remover on there for more than a few minutes before washing off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RogerThat

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Data label is normally inside the fridge.. sometimes hiding behind the salad drawer..

Ah-ha!! Thanks, seems I have a RM4262 so these will indeed fit (y)

Getting rid of the yellowing is easy peasy. Remove the vents from your moho, get some Traffic film remover

Wow, great tip! This might be a silly question, but they'll not melt will they? Mine are very brittle (again, due to their age) - still safe to do you think?

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Yes, perfectly safe. just be very gentle whilst removing & refitting the vents. They won't melt & its got to be an awful lot cheaper than replacement.

Ah-ha!! Thanks, seems I have a RM4262 so these will indeed fit (y)

Wow, great tip! This might be a silly question, but they'll not melt will they? Mine are very brittle (again, due to their age) - still safe to do you think?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back