Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Can anyone help( I expect you all at the pub!!) an intermittent buzz has started from the dash board. It starts then goes off after a few minutes. Will it be using the battery?
Thanks for any help and advice
We are on Rowntree site in York .

?

Deleted User
Now that is a question. :LOL:

Ignition on or off?
Heater on or off?
What is running?
Is it windy out?
Could wind be blowing a fan?
You have like all cars,vans and the likes have a channel where the window wiper motor would sit. Road crap and old dry leaves fall into this. Any chance the wind is blowing and vibrating a leave?

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for reply
No wind or leaves
No heater on
Ignition off
It's coming from under the drivers seat and a light is on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
Thanks for reply
No wind or leaves
No heater on
Ignition off

You could be hearing a relay. Is your fuse box or battery under that seat? You have heard a indicator relay clicking away before haven't you? Unsure if others are meant to make a noise but when i take my key out the ignition i have a whirring sound after i lock the van and start walking away. No help i know but more info and what van may help others who are more spark knowledgeable.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Could be many things... is the start battery located under the seat with associated relays etc... and what light is on??
Try ignition on and a start ...then off and see if that cures it..
Andy

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for reply
No wind or leaves
No heater on
Ignition off
You could be hearing a relay. Is your fuse box or battery under that seat? You have heard a indicator relay clicking away before haven't you? Unsure if others are meant to make a noise but when i take my key out the ignition i have a whirring sound after i lock the van and start walking away. No help i know but more info and what van may help others who are more spark knowledgeable.
thanks it's the fuse box and charger under drivers seat.
It's a transit 2.2 11 reg van.
Thanks for help hopefully it won't annoy us all night ! Just didn't want a flat battery tomorrow morning.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The buzzer that warns that your step is out. I've known those play up when switches are dirty.

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Could be many things... is the start battery located under the seat with associated relays etc... and what light is on??
Try ignition on and a start ...then off and see if that cures it..
Andy
Thanks for advice Andy will try the ignition in the morning ! Don't want to incur the wrath of the wardens tonight!!

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
The buzzer that warns that your step is out. I've known those play up when switches are dirty.
Thanks Jim but ours has never had a buzzer.

?

Deleted User
You by any chance over doing the power. To much on and the battery is getting low and struggling?

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We are on electric hookup . Plugged in and TV was on but off now and fridge just on (forgot to change over so beer not as cold as Rob likes)!! . Would that be what's happening ? Fridge was on battery switch while travelling and I forgot to change it.

?

Deleted User
Anthea i am by no means an electrical wizard pal. I was just looking for more information as what van and whats on and your weather would help suss an answer from more experienced members on the forum. Me, i would be making sure both batteries are charged fully before worrying what could be a simple charge noise you have not heard before. Is the split charger under that seat and could you have a charger when the van is on hook up?

?

Deleted User
forgot to change over so beer not as cold as Rob likes

^^

That is out of order. :(

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Anthea i am by no means an electrical wizard pal. I was just looking for more information as what van and whats on and your weather would help suss an answer from more experienced members on the forum. Me, i would be making sure both batteries are charged fully before worrying what could be a simple charge noise you have not heard before. Is the split charger under that seat and could you have a charger when the van is on hook up?
We will look tomorrow we have had the van 2 years and never noticed if we have a split charger. Found a white thing near the boiler a few months ago which turns out to be a filter thingy!( never knew or used .)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
faulty fan on the charger? that will cut in and out depending how hot the charger gets

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
listen for the buzzing, when it starts switch off the charger. if it stops that is where the sound is. what happens is the cheap fans wear out just like on computers and make loud noises. sometimes a SMALL squirt of wd40 will help for a while but it wont last. replacing the fan/s is the only cure

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
listen for the buzzing, when it starts switch off the charger. if it stops that is where the sound is. what happens is the cheap fans wear out just like on computers and make loud noises. sometimes a SMALL squirt of wd40 will help for a while but it wont last. replacing the fan/s is the only cure
Thank you big one . Will look tomorrow!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I would unplug from hook-up. If the noise stops leave the hook-up off for the night just in case it is something more serious than a fan. Investigate tomorrow with the hook-up connected. It is probably either normal charging noise or a failed fan but it pays to be careful.

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I would unplug from hook-up. If the noise stops leave the hook-up off for the night just in case it is something more serious than a fan. Investigate tomorrow with the hook-up connected. It is probably either normal charging noise or a failed fan but it pays to be careful.
Thanks will un plug now !

OP
OP
Anthea M

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for advice everyone! As per advice late on from @tonyidle I unplugged the mains ( in pants and t shirt as he put the fear of god in me and I didn't have time to get dressed! No wardens about phew!)
The buzzing/fan stopped so we will take it to a friendly sparks next week to check if it needs a new fan .
Off to mechanical and musicians next weekend but won't need it.
Thanks for all your help and advice you are a great bunch of friends(y):sun:

?

Deleted User
Thanks for advice everyone! As per advice late on from @tonyidle I unplugged the mains ( in pants and t shirt as he put the fear of god in me and I didn't have time to get dressed! No wardens about phew!)
The buzzing/fan stopped so we will take it to a friendly sparks next week to check if it needs a new fan .
Off to mechanical and musicians next weekend but won't need it.
Thanks for all your help and advice you are a great bunch of friends(y):sun:

Well that explains the Ants :D

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Not misplaced your buzzy friend by any chance Anthea? :whistle:

I know, naughty step. :(:LOL::LOL::LOL:

?

Deleted User
Not misplaced your buzzy friend by any chance Anthea? :whistle:

I know, naughty step. :(:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gawd that just reminded me of BT's Buzby for some reason.

buzby2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back