If you are south of Valencia - better hold on tight!! (1 Viewer)

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Official RED ALERT is in force for storm warnings and local talk is that the "Gota Fria" is on its way.

Just incase you hadn't noticed by the weather anyway :Eeek:

Neil

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Official RED ALERT is in force for storm warnings and local talk is that the "Gota Fria" is on its way.

Neil

Also just had flood warning near Alicante we have lots of rain now and the wind is starting

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
nice here in cornwall. hope it rains its self out this month.lots of us coming over november better not rain then.ha ha .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
You should be ok then as soon as it starts to get cooler here we get these bad rains for a week or to the it gets dry and sunny again:Smile:
I HOPE ANY WAY:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
didnt meam it nastily . my brother is flying to alicante tomorrow.i think its also in the change of weather pattern nov used to be the bad month. we arent safe anywhere these days. been almost dry here for over a week . must be a record. hope you are in a safe warm n dry place .cheers alan.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Sad: It is the first time since 1995 that I have known it to rain like this in Spain in September. Luckily it is STILL warm so the rain dries quickly. :RollEyes:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
:Sad: It is the first time since 1995 that I have known it to rain like this in Spain in September. Luckily it is STILL warm so the rain dries quickly. :RollEyes:

Oh dear!
Can you remember what the winter was like in 1995/6?:Eeek:
Hope it was a good one!:Smile:

I remember last year we crossed the med side of the pyrenees in early Nov and there was loads more snow than usual, then we got to the Sierra Nevada and they'd opened the ski slopes early because the snow was earlier than unusual,we then went down on to the Costa del Sol and as we left Nerja there was snow on the mountains!
This was all in November! We then had the worst winter in living memory on the Costa de la Luz ( it was like a British summer really!!).:Eeek:

SO - I hope this early rain isn't an omen of a bad winter again!!!!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think its like our weather here it keeps creeping forward used to be nice here in august ,about 20 yr ago i noticed the rain kept coming a little bit earlier every year. they tell me march n april are getting better. will have to see one year. hopefully all the rain in spain will be over by november. could be the best winter we,ve ever had ,keep your fingers crossed .

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
i think its like our weather here it keeps creeping forward used to be nice here in august ,about 20 yr ago i noticed the rain kept coming a little bit earlier every year. they tell me march n april are getting better. will have to see one year. hopefully all the rain in spain will be over by november. could be the best winter we,ve ever had ,keep your fingers crossed .

Fingers toes and eyes crossed!!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Neil

I was .....4 weeks ago......:cry:

Loved the place.Rain or storm.About time they had some rain.Don't want those Riocca grapes to wither on the vine.......
Santé:wine:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Oh dear!
Can you remember what the winter was like in 1995/6?:Eeek:
Hope it was a good one!:Smile:

I remember last year we crossed the med side of the pyrenees in early Nov and there was loads more snow than usual, then we got to the Sierra Nevada and they'd opened the ski slopes early because the snow was earlier than unusual,we then went down on to the Costa del Sol and as we left Nerja there was snow on the mountains!
This was all in November! We then had the worst winter in living memory on the Costa de la Luz ( it was like a British summer really!!).:Eeek:

SO - I hope this early rain isn't an omen of a bad winter again!!!!

:Sad: We had to go back to the UK starting on November the 1st. When we got half way along the A75 in France there was a 17 mile Traffic jam caused by SNOW. We passed 3 miles of it on the inside lane where no one else would dare go through the snow. There was a Truck smashed up with a BUS causing the problem on the south side. Why it caused the problem on the north side I don't know. Apart from that is the possibity of Rubber necking? :Eeek:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A friend has a place in Javea. spoke to him this afternoon as he is over shutting the place up for the winter and he said the weather had been awful for 3 days........Lashing down:Sad:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
A friend has a place in Javea. spoke to him this afternoon as he is over shutting the place up for the winter and he said the weather had been awful for 3 days........Lashing down:Sad:
30 miles from Javea towards Valencia and we have floods everywhere.Gota Fria has come early this year.My advice to anyone in a motorhome is to get to higher ground and away from urbanizations (more likely to flood as the Spanish build but do not put in any drainage )
Its forecast to last another 3 days.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
30 miles from Javea towards Valencia and we have floods everywhere.Gota Fria has come early this year.My advice to anyone in a motorhome is to get to higher ground and away from urbanizations (more likely to flood as the Spanish build but do not put in any drainage )
Its forecast to last another 3 days.

:Cool: THAT is one good thing about Camping Almafra. We are up hill from Benidorm. The floods by-pass us and go straight into Benidorm and Albir from Alfaz Del Pi and La Nucia. :thumb:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Today it,s still raining hard floods on the roads in Alicante some roads closed so take care any one heading this way floods down as far as Murcia.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Today it,s still raining hard floods on the roads in Alicante some roads closed so take care any one heading this way floods down as far as Murcia.

:Sad: We are taking our Daughter and Family to Alicante this evening. I have checked the flights and there appears to be NO delays or low delays. We shall make allowances for the road conditions. :thumb:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
There is no news of delays on the reports here from the airport but news of the roads near Alicante Airport just take it easy.

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just checked the local weather for Valencia region
Tues 29 sept rain and poss thunder storms
Weds/ Thurs cloudy no rain

Fri /Sat/ Sun/Mon wall to wall sunshine 25 degs C plus.
Thank god we can see the end.
Went into Alzira today and saw a underground car park with 100 plus cars in it all parked in 4 ft of flood water.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Next door neighbour has just returned from Alicante Airport. No problem on the roads. Nice and quiet. But that will change around the time we are travelling there.

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
Weather

Spanish TV is giving weather warning for the aea from Valancia right through as far as Murcia, some of the flooding they are showing is awfull.
A week last Thursday, we were caught up in a tornado when we were in Javea, real scary :cry:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
:cry: my friend is on honeymoon and staying (WAS) in our daughters apartment near murcia
alas they have had rain rain and more rain, my daughters apartment is on the 2nd floor but everyone has had to be evacuated to the hotel (which is very nice £150 per night) due to the floods being so bad, such a shame. still free hotel can't be bad, but our daughter feels as though its her fault that the weather is so awful, they are due back on sunday so looks like they will miss the good weather that is on its way. I told her to go to cornwall:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:cry: my friend is on honeymoon and staying (WAS) in our daughters apartment near murcia
alas they have had rain rain and more rain, my daughters apartment is on the 2nd floor but everyone has had to be evacuated to the hotel (which is very nice £150 per night) due to the floods being so bad, such a shame. still free hotel can't be bad, but our daughter feels as though its her fault that the weather is so awful, they are due back on sunday so looks like they will miss the good weather that is on its way. I told her to go to cornwall:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tell her not to blame herself it happens twice a year every year,sept/oct and march/april :Doh:

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
weather

currently still in pineda de mar
the weather has been lovelly 27 degrees today in the shade but a bit windy.
been here for 10 days and has been lovelly.
staying till the weather changes

cater_racer

Free Member
Oct 15, 2008
Chester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Perfect weather for a honeymoon :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back