Anyone got/had a vw camper? (1 Viewer)

J

jacko

Deleted User
VWs are what got me into campers and eventually mhs - anyone else start off this way?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Never actually owned one but JC has fixed hundreds over many years ::bigsmile:

Not in that game anymore......building engines for them is far less hassle :ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jacko
I beleive that several members have owner VW's and I know my good friend Geo has had something to do with one or two ::bigsmile:
Hopefully he will be along soon and answer you ::bigsmile:

Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

my very first van was a V dub .. "Q" the music.. :thumb::thumb:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Df9C04gOsUc

Great vans and even greater memories of surfing trips to Cornwall in the late 60s.. moved on a bit since then.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and less hair :cry: but still passionate about all things motorhome.. :Cool:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jacko Yes Keith's right I've had three type 2s two were home built, there was many a proper plan available for converting your own in those days and I personally did two, the first one was pretty basic but every thing was there, the second I bought a secondhand pop top with two upper bunks and cut out the roof and fitted it, boy was my hands shaking with the old jigsaw they were K and L reg's
then I went all posh and bought an old F reg Danbury conversion, many memories of tramping all over Wales with a mate (Glyn), and his family, he had one as well.
my two fondest were being Breathalyzed at 5 AM at the top of a welsh mountain after being followed by plod and calling him every thing from a pig to a dog over our Cb's only to discover he was listening in:Eeek:
Then on another occasion when i blew my engine a squirted 1/2 gallon of oil all over Glyn's windscreen and front panel, I still say he was too close:ROFLMAO:happy Days
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Should have had a front engined model Geo :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

georgese5

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
Scarborough
Funster No
Exp
TWO YEARS
Vw T4

went from a tent to a VW T4 Caravelle, had it fitted with a fiamma zip awning which doubled our living space, but once the bed was made up you had no inside space and no heating in winter! Now took deliverey in April this year of an 07 Avondale Seascape FBX and now enjoy the fixed bed, seating area and a loo and central heating and hot water, we think we are now in Heaven!!!

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Tent To Vw

We went from camping to VW 28, we called him Chunkie, we had it for 10 years, and we roamed all over Scotland, England, and Wales. He was an entrepid wanderer, and he left us with lots of happy memories. ah! :Smile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
What's that then Linda, Slow, Smoky, Clapped Out and air Cooled?????
:ROFLMAO:
Keith

I just know I'm gonna pay for that :Doh:

You got the "Smoky" (as in Bensons) and Air Cooled bit right.......I am working on your punishment for the rest :roflmto:

See you tomorrow :winky: :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
You got the "Smoky" (as in Bensons) and Air Cooled bit right.......I am working on your punishment for the rest :roflmto:

See you tomorrow :winky: :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to it :ROFLMAO:
Got JC's B&H by the way......
Sorry back on topic now please all :ROFLMAO:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread