Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just watching an article on BBC about a new historical reenactment being staged in Bishop Auckland. , it looks similar to Puy De Fou so I was wondering if the organisers have thought about setting up an aire like it's French counterpart

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
It looked good on Breakfast TV!

An aire? I think not:

"Parking
If you are arriving by car, we strongly recommend you buy a show parking ticket in advance (£1.50 per car), allowing you to use the dedicated onsite and offsite car parks for the show. All dedicated car parks are within walking distance of the show ground. A space in one of the dedicated car parks will be priced at £10 if purchased on the night.

Parking will be allocated on a first come first served basis; on purchase, we will send you a voucher to confirm you have booked a space, followed by details of your parking allocation to a designated car park and directions by email nearer the date of your chosen show.

Please be aware there will be strict parking controls in adjacent roads and the town centre to discourage ‘fly’ parking on show nights.

Our car parks are around a 15-minute walk from the Entrance of our site. A limited mobility shuttle service from the car parks to the show ground will be available should you need assistance."

Gordon (who went to school not very far from Bishop Aukland)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
No overnighting in car park - I've already asked. They told me that if there was any suspicion I would overnight they wouldn't let me in even though I had bought a parking ticket!! Very friendly! We have booked into a campsite nearly 3 miles away - could be a long walk!

Apparently they sent all their staff and horses to be trained at Puy du Fou, which is the subject of their pics I think.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just watching an article on BBC about a new historical reenactment being staged in Bishop Auckland. , it looks similar to Puy De Fou so I was wondering if the organisers have thought about setting up an aire like it's French counterpart
Thanks for the heads up on this .... Just booked!(y)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
No overnighting in car park - I've already asked. They told me that if there was any suspicion I would overnight they wouldn't let me in even though I had bought a parking ticket!! Very friendly! We have booked into a campsite nearly 3 miles away - could be a long walk!

Apparently they sent all their staff and horses to be trained at Puy du Fou, which is the subject of their pics I think.
Which campsite please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Should be interesting in the battle scenes when the cast start yelling Howay The Lads!

I'd like to go and compare it with Puy du Fou but as they won't offer overnight MH parking I can't be arsed.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
We live in England, so why would or should they?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back