Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We are just about to set off to Heysham to catch the Ferry from Heysham to Dublin port. Our first trip in the new van apart from the collection trip and overstaying at Lyndon Top. I am willing to bet that the van is going to be missing something we need even though Wifey has listed all week to get it right. Ah well we will find out when IT, is not there. I have subscribed to the Irish Fun type site and it is much the same as this one. They have a map with wild sites Pubs sites and Aires on it so that is why I Joined them.
Will be taking a load of pictures and will attempt to download them when we get back. We have not booked a return ferry yet to allow us to have an open time should we hate it or love it we are able to return when we feel like it.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Have a great time. Look forward to photos. Have you named the MH yet?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hope the weather is kind and you have a fantastic time..
My first trip out in my self build was a couple weeks doing the south and west coast...by time I reached Donegal the weather beat me and I returned via Belfast Cairnryan. ..
Andy.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hope the weather is kind and you have a fantastic time..
My first trip out in my self build was a couple weeks doing the south and west coast...by time I reached Donegal the weather beat me and I returned via Belfast Cairnryan. ..
Andy.
Wimp! :D

Why do you think it's so lush and green ... gotta invest in some good waterproof gear if going for a holiday there otherwise you can get very soggy! :LOL:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Yep... and a little sympathy would be nice...:LOL::LOL:
Arms are going stupid with midge bites picked up in glencoe the other night... so be nice..
suppose it comes down to the right clothing again or lack of it :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have a great trip - hope the weather is kind for you

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Yep... and a little sympathy would be nice...:LOL::LOL:
Arms are going stupid with midge bites picked up in glencoe the other night... so be nice..
suppose it comes down to the right clothing again or lack of it :D
Glencoe in June :) They love the tourists - fresh meat....

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
We went last year,as soon as we got off the ferry we set off down east coast.we stopped at the firstblue flag beach we came to which charged €10 for overnight.After that a different blue flag beach every night all the way down to the south.The weather was fantastic,and the first beach was the only one with a charge,the rest were free.:)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We went last year did the whole of the west coast in June had a fantastic time enjoy. (y) Bob and Janie.
FB_IMG_1467744653457.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We arrived back today after a VERY BORING crossing from Dublin to Heysham but it was only £109 for the two of us and a 7 metre van but they go slow and it took ten hours arriving at midnight last night. It was a very nice trip around and the poor van has got 2000 miles more on it in the the 10 days since we left home At least it is now fully run in. Loads of photos of the places we stayed, mostly harbours and a marina aire which was very nice but we were the only ones there 1 and a half million Euros to build it with six places all EHU and secure, in a marina with a load of moorings. Rest rooms TV and refreshments all for us to use. The roads in Ireland are a revelation after the SE of the UK, if you sawa two cars it was a convoy, Dublin was a bit more like the UK and the same standard of drivers roaring around. The biggest rip off was the giants causeway visitor centre that HM opened the day before we went. It is a SHOP and a CAFE I thought it was to go to the actual site but no it was just the shop and cafe for £18. National Trust rip off . The actual site is open for all, free.

nekarsulm

Free Member
Apr 20, 2016
Cavan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Autoroller -5.Fiat Ducato
Exp
ten years
Glad you enjoyed the trip. Evidently rain doesn't bother you :D
Did you drive the Antrim Coast road, round by Cushendall and Cushendun?

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Glad you enjoyed the trip. Evidently rain doesn't bother you :D
Did you drive the Antrim Coast road, round by Cushendall and Cushendun?
No, the new van is a Hymer not a Swift( DUCK) I do not know where I went it seemed like every nook and cranny of the place. but NOT the place with the huge cliffs that I wanted to see.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
Ireland is a fantastic place with great people.

and they did very well out of the EU. where do you think all these euros for infrastructure came from. not a for/against EU rant.

nekarsulm

Free Member
Apr 20, 2016
Cavan, Ireland
Funster No
MH
Autoroller -5.Fiat Ducato
Exp
ten years
No, the new van is a Hymer not a Swift( DUCK) I do not know where I went it seemed like every nook and cranny of the place. but NOT the place with the huge cliffs that I wanted to see.
Cliffs of Moher. In County Clare, down Ennis way.
(Although the Sliebh League cliffs in Donegal are far higher, supposedly the highest sea cliffs in Europe)
Now you know the way, you may come back again!

Dognewf, yep, we appreciate the EU funds. The entire country has the population of greater Manchester, in an area 1/3 the size of the UK, so we would never afford to build the necessary infrastructure otherwise.

Giants Causeway is in the UK, so taking no responsibility for the £18 !!! :D

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back