Enniskillen,Crackdown on illegally parked motorhomes. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Red coats look set to be deployed in Enniskillen’s free car parks in a bid to tackle motorhome owners who are using the car parks as overnight accommodation.

Fermanagh and Omagh District Council officials have recommended that councillors give the go-ahead to employing traffic attendants to enforce the Off-Street Car Parking Order within the Council’s free car parks.
The move comes following a number of complaints to the Council from caravan site owners.

Parking a motorhome to go shopping or to visit a tourist site is permitted. However, a person is not permitted to use any part of a parking place for sleeping or camping; eating or cooking; or for servicing or washing any vehicle.

Full Story

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
wouldn't the article have a much better impact with a 'real' photograph of the offence in place

I don't doubt it is happening and don't blame them clamping down, but this is lazy journalism just lifting a google image and then picking on a tandem axle for maximum impact o_O

edit - and the council citing insurance issues is a bit weak as well, just stand by the rules they have laid down, don't justify it with H + S

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you feel so strongly about it.. why don't you email the editor.. or leave a comment on the article ?

Impartial Reporter
8-10 East Bridge Street,
Enniskillen,
N. Ireland BT74 7BT
Tel: 02866 32 4422
Fax: 02866 32 5047
Editorial: editorial@impartialreporter.com
Advertising: advertising@impartialreporter.com

Meet the team
The Editorial Team
You can contact the following people directly by using the details listed below;

Denzil McDaniel
Managing Editor
Tel: 028 6632 4422
Email: dmcdaniel@impartialreporter.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
This attitude is all very well but IMO the campsites need to be better and more suitable for Motorhomes.

We tried to visit Enniskillen 2-3 years ago. Motorhome Craic said you could stop in the Leisure centre Car park, this information turned out to be out of date but the nearest campsite was at least 5-6 miles away down a bumpy track and expensive. So we moved on.

We re not tight wads but we want a good location and VFM. Is this unreasonable?

btw We're currently in Portugal

Jon

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the nearest campsite was at least 5-6 miles away down a bumpy track and expensive.

I've looked up Campercontact an there are two sites within a few miles.. one location is at a marina .. free

Pricing:
Motorhome (2 persons incl. taxes): Free | Waste water discharge: Free | Chemical toilet discharge: Free | Water: Free

so you could park here during the night and use the Enniskillen council car park during the day.. BOTH free

However.. but just because there isn't a site within walking distance.. doesn't justify breaking the Car Park rules.. which this story is about..

Once again, motorhomers who think they are above the law have made a council take action by having to employ wardens to patrol the car park of an evening.. more cost to taxpayer..

they could have simply banned motorhomes and erected a height barrier.. as it is.. you can park all day free then drive back to your site.. I think the council have acted fairly and in the best interests of everyone..

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@scotjimland I wasn't having a go at your thread Jim, but thanks for the links I might well air my opinion to them as well

I totally share your opinion on this, but just feel that as soon as I see a stock photo in an article it loses some of the impact to me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back