Schnauzer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi,

Just need a bit of advice please. Going on our first trip next weekend and wanted to check what I need for connecting to fresh water? What type of connectors do they have on the taps at sites? Also, are any water carrying containers essential (fresh or grey) or will all sites have a place where we can park next to a tap?

Thanks

Martin

PS. Also should I carry two lengths for my hook-up as the one they supplied with me HM was 30 metres which appears way too long !! Is it worth having half that and then if I need 30m i can connect them together to make it up to 30m again?

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you should be able to get pretty near to a tap on most sites but you will still need a hose.
carry as many different tap adaptors as you can find but most will be a standard screw thread type.

if theres a hose attached just remove it and use your own.

people have been known to clean out toilet cassettes with them...with the hose inside the cassette.:whatthe:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Schnauzer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Thanks for the reply, So am I right in thinking the most popular type would be the quick release type that we all use on our garden hoses?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
usually yes.

caravan club and camping and caravanning club have those but private sites may be different.
could be just a normal house tap on some CL's and CS's so you need a push-on type with a hose clip to tighten.

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Martin
yes have plenty of different connectors, I personally carry a concertena type hose you will be surprised how far they will stretch if need be and easily carried in a bucket when traveling, I also have a 5 ltr bottle for fresh water brews etc just use the tank for general water use, also a funnel for topping up to save moving the MH comes in handy. pete:thumb::thumb::thumb: Ps also different types of leci connectors for Europe as not all camps are the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi,

Just need a bit of advice please. Going on our first trip next weekend and wanted to check what I need for connecting to fresh water? What type of connectors do they have on the taps at sites? Also, are any water carrying containers essential (fresh or grey) or will all sites have a place where we can park next to a tap?

Thanks

Martin

PS. Also should I carry two lengths for my hook-up as the one they supplied with me HM was 30 metres which appears way too long !! Is it worth having half that and then if I need 30m i can connect them together to make it up to 30m again?

We carry two lengths of 15 metres and one of 7 metres, but then I'm a bit obsessive :Smile:. We have actually used all three linked together (only once, but it saved a move or a lot of carrying).

John

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We carry two lengths of 15 metres and one of 7 metres, but then I'm a bit obsessive :Smile:. We have actually used all three linked together (only once, but it saved a move or a lot of carrying). John

You and me both - 20metre throughfeed in case I can use 'city water' hookup - 15 metre lay flat a 7 metre layflat and a 4ft length on the basis I always seem to be 3ft short - you would be surprised just how many times that 4 ft length has been used !! and as you all say a big bag of just about every fitting you can imagine to hook up - always carry a couple of spare screw on tap fittings - I have been know to leave them on the tap before now.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i find one of the best i have came from a twin tub washing machine its just a big push on rubber spout with a hose connected .good for hand basins .i also slide a slightly larger hose over that one as an extention. have seen similer in pound shops. always have a 20 litre container as you may have to carry it a short walk. cheers alan.

Upvote 0

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Water Hose

With the water hose although I do have a push on Connector the Screw on is much more common and I agree with the comment "use your own". I never fill at the tap near the Chemical Disposal.

Hook up Cables is always dependant on site conditions C.C. & C&CC sites usually a 25m will suffice but I have used 50M on some sites especially on the continent.

Steve

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back