Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
ive a new mk 8 transit chausson flash 500
If anyone has this model mk 8 I would be interested to know how your windscreen wiper spindles are sat in the holes , mine come out of the bodywork holes with no apparent seals at all , just approx a 35 mm hole in plastic scuttle plate and & 25 mm approx spindles sticking through no rubber seals as such leaving plenty of room for water to go in ?? Have I seals missing ?? Haven't seen any mk 8 s yet to compare mine with

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Plus in addition each side of scuttle plate where it meets the screen there is a slot maybe 50 mm long allowing water to go into eng bay ( what's that all about )@ first look I thought the scuttle was well designed only noticed this last night when having a detailed look around mk8
A bit depressed now really mm !

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Photo would help then I, and others, could compare with Transits we have or drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Pic of wiper spindle hole mentioned above

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 69

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
The drain holes are there for a reason, much like the Fiat / Peugeot / Citroen ( Sevel ) cabs, the scuttle fills with water & without the drains the scuttle would fill & overflow at best & maybe ingress via a dodgy screen seal at worst - whether water draining into the engine bay is a good idea or not, is up for debate.

The wiper spindles don't look right to me without a seal - but I'm no expert.

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
The drain holes are where they should be with hoses under scuttle they work very well , the gaps Ime on about are where scuttle meets screen , water runs down screen through the gaps onto sound deadening material drivers side eng bay now soaked & other side the same route right onto some pretty serious large wiring junctions/connectors not good
I feel a mod coming on !

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
The drain holes are where they should be with hoses under scuttle they work very well , the gaps Ime on about are where scuttle meets screen , water runs down screen through the gaps onto sound deadening material drivers side eng bay now soaked & other side the same route right onto some pretty serious large wiring junctions/connectors not good
I feel a mod coming on !

That cannot be right, as it's new I suggest a return to the dealer & demonstrate the issue to them (y)

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
Hi , my wipers are the same, if you look at the Transit Forum a few guys have done mods to re route the water running on to the Ecu box

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back