• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Old Hymer Bits (1 Viewer)

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Good morning everyone.

I am in the market for "any" old, new, used, broken or what Hymer bits for my Hymer 540 Helen. She is left hand drive and is either a 1981 or 1982 model. If it helps I have a thread on the Hymer part of the forum called surprisingly "Helen the Hymer."

Trawling the internet I found an old picture of her complete with the roof rack and rear ladder. So if for any reason you have anything like that chucked in the back of your garage/barn/shed or man/woman cave, I am interested.

I am interested in just about anything, she is Mercedes 207D based, well, probably any and everything. I do not expect gifts and am happy to pay for the parts.

Among other things it will tidy up the various holes that have been plugged when these bits were removed.

Thank you in anticipation - I am happy to collect when in UK or pay post or carrier to my UK address.

Clive (fingers crossed)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ladder and rack may have been removed for security reasons as makes it easy to gain access through a roof light.. and with all the nice people at Calais trying to hitch a free lift back to Blighty.. .. maybe better not replaced.. ?

Did see the photo of the two guys on the motorhome roof, one sitting in the kayak ?

jat
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-ferries-disrupted-in-pics.html?frame=3462119
calais-camper-van_3462119k.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi JJ,

I tried registering with them ages ago but nothing has happened at all, have done a trawl on all the forums I could find and groups. Some are of course quite slow being part time by enthusiasts, some appear a little exclusive.

I guessed this would probably be quite a good place as most of us belong to different things and have various acquaintances or friends sharing our interests on other groups and would say something along the lines of "Heh Fred, have you got that old xxxx in the back of your xxxx, some nutter on our forum is looking for xxxx"

I am of course the consummate "nutter"

Thank you for your quick suggestion, simply never got back to me.

Cheers Clive

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi JJ,

I'll put razor wire on the top. Preferred route for me now is Newhaven - Dieppe, and having matured get 20% off.

:france: Clive

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
some appear a little exclusive.

that's what I found when I was a member of the Classic Hymer FB group.. even though they say ALL welcome..

when I asked when does a van become a classic was told ..
If your van isn't pre 1995 and a Merc.. it's not considered a 'classic.. ' and won't ever be..

I even got a bollocking from admin for copy pasting part of a post on Fun ..without asking permission..

so I left them to it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Hi JJ,

I tried registering with them ages ago but nothing has happened at all,......

Thank you for your quick suggestion, simply never got back to me.

Cheers Clive

Clive, I'm sorry you haven't been able to join Classic Hymers, please would you like to try again.

I am a member and it is a great place for help and advise. The group accepts any Hymer enthusiast whether they have a van or not and certainly, in my experience, does not discriminate against 'younger' vans. If you click on the Group Info button on the Facebook page it says it all more clearly than I can here.

OP
OP
Cleve

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Sparkly

I will try them again later. I have tried more than once already, though of course it could be me doing something wrong repeatedly.

Thank you

Clive

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back