Legoland (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
can anyone please recommend a campsite near to legoland and we are taking grandkids in July and according to legoland customer services they do not permit daytime parking of motorhomes in their carpark so it looks like it's taxis or public transport in and out

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
can anyone please recommend a campsite near to legoland and we are taking grandkids in July and according to legoland customer services they do not permit daytime parking of motorhomes in their carpark so it looks like it's taxis or public transport in and out

They must have changed their policy, last year motorhomes were allowed to park in the coach park during the day.

This is the reply I received last June

Unfortunately we cannot allow motor homes, camper vans, caravans or any other vehicle of a similar nature to stay overnight at LEGOLAND Windsor for security reasons. We do however, have a campsite nearby LEGOLAND Windsor. The nearest campsite is in Maidenhead. There is the Amerden Campsite as well as Hurley Riverside Park.

Instead of going to the main car park, you will need to park in the coach car park as these bays are bigger. There will be members of staff around on the day who will be able to direct you on where to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's been a while since we went but there was certainly no issue with daytime parking and remember you have to pay for it..
Think I read about parking in the coach area but when we arrived the staff just showed us into the main car park. I went somewhere sensible and gave myself plenty of room to get out (7.5mtr van).

In the past we were lucky to be allowed to sleep over in the staff car park, however they have now stopped anyone from doing that.. :(

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We went last year and stayed the night at a local CL
Parking is easy at Logoland

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
In 2012 we visited Legoland and the carpark was ok for day parking. At that time you could enter the park for free after 5.30pm and it was open until 8.00pm. Giving us two and a half hours to have a look around. If you are going with the grandkids you will need the whole day to get around the entire site. We stayed at a campsite about 12 kms away because we had washing and other things to sort out. After legoland we wildcamped in a quiet roadside layby about 20 kms south. While you are there I would recommend the Givsud Zoo. Its a place where you drive through the enclosures among the animals. Also there are places where you park up and walk. We took our motorhome through with out any problems. The grandkids and you will love it, we did.

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
In 2012 we visited Legoland and the carpark was ok for day parking. At that time you could enter the park for free after 5.30pm and it was open until 8.00pm. Giving us two and a half hours to have a look around. If you are going with the grandkids you will need the whole day to get around the entire site. We stayed at a campsite about 12 kms away because we had washing and other things to sort out. After legoland we wildcamped in a quiet roadside layby about 20 kms south. While you are there I would recommend the Givsud Zoo. Its a place where you drive through the enclosures among the animals. Also there are places where you park up and walk. We took our motorhome through with out any problems. The grandkids and you will love it, we did.
i think it is england not denmark they are talking about (y)

955matt

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
bexhill on sea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
We stayed over night in the coach park there and moved the camper into the normal car park during the day , this was there instructions. No problems we had tea in the camper as they queued to leave the car park

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
i think it is england not denmark they are talking about (y)
Sorry, my mistake. I didn't realize that England had a Legoland I assumed it was the one in Denmark.:eek::eek::eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back