Upton upon severn (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I expect this location has been posted on here as an overnight stopover previously, but we found it yesterday on our way back from the Malvern Show. It is a large parking area called Hanley Road car park, there are toilets and a water tap there and it costs £3 for 24 hrs and overnight sleeping is allowed, we had last night there and it was great, lovely town with river walks and a good fish and chip shop where we bought our supper a short walk from the parking. The town is a mass of flowers just now as they are entered in the Britain in Bloom contest. The parking is used as an overnight lorry park as well and last night there were 10 lorries there but there is plenty of room and by 8 am this morning all had gone and I never heard one leave.On the river there were lots of Narrow Boats to watch.We also caught a bus out side the parking and went to Worcester,great for those of us gifted with a bus pass.I think this facility is as close as we will get to a French Aire and I was so impressed that I E.Mailed the local Council and told them how pleased I was to find the parking.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Baker69

Free Member
Jul 12, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
6 Months
Look out for lots of events at Upton on Severn, there is the Folk Festival, Jazz Festival, Blues Festival and on August Bank Holiday the Water Festival!

Lots of Caravan and MH's attend these events on the local fields adjacent to the town (near Hanley Road Car Park) and surrounding areas, some rallies held there as well. Nearby is CC Site Blackmore which is a nice site, plus there are a few CL Sites as well, and pubs with camping & caravanning (inc MH's) as well, all within a short distance from Upton and around the the Malverns.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
We passed through Upton on Severn on our way to and from the show. We commented on it both times. It is a lovely looking place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Haaamster

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Coventry and Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Ducato CI 1000
Exp
Thanks for this tip, stayed there last night after reading this on here. My first trip anywhere in my van. Van went well ,good time in a few pubs, chips to take home,good nights sleep. Only problem is I lost my clean water cap, will one of the temporary petrol caps fit?

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Ah yes Upton on Severn the birthplace of one Nigel Mansell if I'm not mistaken....a few of us used to park there (I was a truck driver in a previous life) on the Bus/lorry park area nice little town very pleasant I can recommend the place a few good pubs too not that I drink a lot mind you!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for this tip, stayed there last night after reading this on here. My first trip anywhere in my van. Van went well ,good time in a few pubs, chips to take home,good nights sleep. Only problem is I lost my clean water cap, will one of the temporary petrol caps fit?

might do but a cap that does fit is the screwtop off an Aquaroll water carrier, if its a Fiamma filler.
just push's in and is a snug fit.

i use one to hold my fill hose in the hole so i can do other things while filling.

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
We had our narrow boat moored in the marina there for 3 years before moving it to Burton on Trent. All sorts of entertainment going on there in the pubs and easy to do a pub crawl as they are so close. Food is good to
Maureen

Haaamster

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Coventry and Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Ducato CI 1000
Exp
Thanks papajohn, will try one of them. I'm more anoyed about the fact that 6 people have owned this van before me and on my 1st trip anywhere I lose the cap. I mean it has a lock and I still lost it, I feel such a fool looking at the key for it now :ROFLMAO:

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
Thanks papajohn, will try one of them. I'm more anoyed about the fact that 6 people have owned this van before me and on my 1st trip anywhere I lose the cap. I mean it has a lock and I still lost it, I feel such a fool looking at the key for it now :ROFLMAO:

You're not the first or the last to do this. Got my replacement from Rainbow Conversions

Derek

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back