Late Night Stop/Wild Camp on way to Ferry Pembroke Dock (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Hi All,

In to our seventh week of motorhome ownership and ready for our fourth trip which is to Ireland (relevant tanks empty or full, hook up plugged in, two full gas canisters & postal votes sent off.) and thoroughly enjoying our new found freedom.

I want to take advantage of going in the Moho and split up the long trip to Ireland by doing most of the journey to Pembroke the evening before and stopping within an hour and a half of the ferry so we have a leisurely trip to the port the next day.

We will be going M4, A48 then A477 (normally use camp sites but not likely to be very happy us rocking up in middle of the wee hours.) Any suggestions of somewhere peaceful and reasonably safe to stop?

Your recomendations would be appreciated and thank you, in advance.

Paul

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We stayed, when we were doing the same as you, at Newton Farm, near Angle. It's a C&CC CS (only 5 units allowed), members only - are you members?? Tel 01646 641266, Mr Lewis the owner, very nice and quiet, but quite basic, probably around £10 per night now. Near Freshwater Bay, fantastic, and with terrific view of Milford Haven Oil Terminal which was on fire at the time. Exciting stuff!!

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You can overnight at pretty much any of the South Pembrokeshire beaches and you will be within 30 minutes (max) of the terminal. Freshwater East, Freshwater West, Angle Bay would be my choices.

You can also overnight at Hobbs Point in Pembroke Dock which is 5 minutes from the terminal but can be a bit noisy I think.

There was another thread on this so do a search because there is also a big layby on the A477(I think) about 30 minutes from Pembroke.

BTW a very good curry house in PD - The Seven Spices I think its called(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Hi,

Many thanks for that, just spoken to Mrs Lewis at Newton Farm and she has pencilled us in for both nights there and back. Seem fairly used to people arriving late at night and will give us somewhere to chill as ferry is not until mid afternoon.

Thanks for the help

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Some decent Pub's in Angle.

The Point House is one of the better ones.

My Mum was born next door but one to it.(y)

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Some decent Pub's in Angle.

The Point House is one of the better ones.

My Mum was born next door but one to it.(y)

Spent a few very happy childhood camping holidays on the campsite at West Angle bay in the late 50's, early 60's, when that closed to tourers we de camped to Manorbier.

The last time I was down that way was with my own kids in the 90's and met up with my mum & dad for a picnic on the beach.

We also managed to get cut off by the tide at the Point House which led to a merry afternoon:), the only other pub I remember was on the main street, The Hibernian, I think.

Another visit in the next couple of years is due, especially now that I know of the CS.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Spent a few very happy childhood camping holidays on the campsite at West Angle bay in the late 50's, early 60's, when that closed to tourers we de camped to Manorbier.

The last time I was down that way was with my own kids in the 90's and met up with my mum & dad for a picnic on the beach.

We also managed to get cut off by the tide at the Point House which led to a merry afternoon:), the only other pub I remember was on the main street, The Hibernian, I think.

Another visit in the next couple of years is due, especially now that I know of the CS.

The best thing about the Point House is getting stuck in there.(y)

It's gone a bit trendy over the last 10 years or so though and is a bit yuppified

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi,

Many thanks for that, just spoken to Mrs Lewis at Newton Farm and she has pencilled us in for both nights there and back. Seem fairly used to people arriving late at night and will give us somewhere to chill as ferry is not until mid afternoon.

Thanks for the help
If you have an hour or two to spare, have a run down to Freshwater Bay, the dog will appreciate it - it's terrific!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back