Hook up cable - Where to buy in France (1 Viewer)

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where to buy a mains cable here in France? I have been to 2 big hardware shops today but none of them had them.

Thanks

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
If no dealer in sight you can try Castorama, Leroy Merlin, Bricomarché might have them.
I never tried myself as my dealer is only 5 minutes away from home.
I'll make a quick search to see if there are more shops where you could find those.
But as previously asked ...where are you in France?

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Edit : More shops : "le vieux campeur" and "Décathlon"
If you enter the region you are in and this search "Magasins de matériel électrique de camping dans le....(enter the number of the department you're in)" You should find something. Good luck!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
fpinela

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Suspect you need a camping car or caravan dealer. Whereabouts are you in France?

In Reims at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try those tomorrow, as it shouldn't be difficult to find them here in Reims. One of the shops i tried today had both ends of the connectors available, could have just bought it and cable and build my own but I didn't expect it to be so difficult to find one already made.

?

Deleted User
In Reims at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try those tomorrow, as it shouldn't be difficult to find them here in Reims. One of the shops i tried today had both ends of the connectors available, could have just bought it and cable and build my own but I didn't expect it to be so difficult to find one already made.
Looks like you have two. You in the north or south Reims?

OP
OP
fpinela

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Near the centre in the aire. But I'll be heading South afterwards, so probably the one in the south will be my best option. :)

?

Deleted User
North

Reims La Neuvillette
Actipole la Neuvillette
51100 Reims

South

Reims Cormontreuil
Boulevard Alsace Lorraine
51350 Cormontreuil

These are Decathlons

?

Deleted User
Looks like Decathlon might be camping only and Narbonne accessorie is your best bet what does van stuff. Ill get an address in a mo as you have one in reimes

Edit

Narbonne Accessoires TINQUEUX - CLC REIMS LOISIRS *
ROUTE DE SOISSONS
51430 TINQUEUX

http://www.narbonneaccessoires.fr/

I was trying to find a cable in that shop ^^ but my french is shit so having no joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
?

Deleted User
Is this it BROKEN LINK ?

Im i being a tight ass thinking that is expensive. What is the 48 quid ish? i can get an hook up extension with sockets for 25 quid.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It is expensive for UK but maybe prices are higher for accessories in France?

?

Deleted User
It is expensive for UK but maybe prices are higher for accessories in France?

So it seems. Saying that i am looking at Go Outdoors with the discount card. I am just getting this as i have no mains in my van, it should have been £60

Broken Link Removed

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Im i being a tight ass thinking that is expensive. What is the 48 quid ish? i can get an hook up extension with sockets for 25 quid.
If you look at it, you will see it is a rubber lead not cheap PVC, continentals prefer rubber cables as they remain fully flexible in cold weather they also list 50 m one for €98 (ouch).

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Is there a reason you cannot buy a length of 2.5mm x 3 core cable and use the old plug and socket.. ?..

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Is there a reason you cannot buy a length of 2.5mm x 3 core cable and use the old plug and socket.. ?..

I am guessing OP has left his cable at home or maybe on site somewhere, but glad you raised your query it has given me a chance to ask why they need one :LOL::LOL::LOL:

could just be the regular need for something longer than whatever you seem to have when in France, we always carry 2 leads (y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I am guessing OP has left his cable at home or maybe on site somewhere, but glad you raised your query it has given me a chance to ask why they need one :LOL::LOL::LOL:

could just be the regular need for something longer than whatever you seem to have when in France, we always carry 2 leads (y)

yes.. quite probably.. just thought it worth suggesting..

I've replaced/repaired several that have been damaged on aires in France and on Spanish sites where quite often the cable goes across a site road..

local hardware shops usually stock suitable cable.. and also plugs and sockets ..

Last edited:
OP
OP
fpinela

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes, just forgot our cable at home, but we will stay on tour for around 3 months and it's too long without one. Will try your suggestions today and see if i'm lucky

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
In Reims at the moment.

OP says here that he could have done that.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Yes, just forgot our cable at home, but we will stay on tour for around 3 months and it's too long without one. Will try your suggestions today and see if i'm lucky

depending on how long you can find one (presuming you do) it might be worth buying 2, particularly if you can get different lengths, we have had to use 2 leads several times over the years (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If not already too late, when buying your lead / leads look for a 2 pin adaptor, most leads will be Euro standard with 16A fittings on both ends, unless you find a French special with a 2 pin plug on one end, if you get that you will certainly have a problem connecting on some sites where they have adopted the Euro standard connections

upload_2016-6-21_14-27-20.png

this is the 2 pin adaptor (above) you need it attaches to one end of a standard lead (below)

upload_2016-6-21_14-28-21.png

Hope you get sorted (y)

OP
OP
fpinela

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Managed to sort it out buying both connectors, male/female and 25 meters of cable in leroy merlin and building it myself. Ended up at around 30€ and 15min job. :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The french "seem" to use a reel of cable with a detachable short lead from reel to 'van and a plug to go onto the post at the other.
A bit of time with a screwdriver and a visit to LeRoy Merlin and it could be cheaper alternative.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back