recipes ,for a 2 burner hob ??? (1 Viewer)

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello i need some help ? recently jus purchased a talbot hobby ? but the problem is that i only have a 2burner hob and am tryn to think of things to cook that dosnt need an oven apart from the genaral things that ye can cook ? any tips or even a recipe that will come in handy coz when i go on my trip to europe i will be doin most of the cooking in my van to save money so all hands to the pump as they say and help or i mite starve :ROFLMAO: thanks keith

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
Best thing I ever bought was a slow cooker! Very cheap (£10 from Tesco) and you can cook loads of things in it.

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
cooking

Chilli
spagetti
Potatoe ash
Paella
stew fish/meat veg in all variations Lol !
omelette
stir fry
and if you have a freezer, aunt bessies ready mash go with everything :Smile:

Enjoy !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

If you don't already have buy a Wok, not a fancy non-stick, but a basic steel one as used by the Chinese.. once treated it's non stick and never wash in hot / soapy water, a wipe out with a paper towel is all that's required..

one plate to cook the potatoes, rice or pasta ..

in the Wok cook Indian curry, Chinese stir fry, bolognese sauce, beef stews etc .. can also do breakfast fry ups,

Woks are great for making taco filling or any of the rice-and-pea sort of dishes... I find nothing beats a wok for preparing an omelet, whether it's a plain cheese omelet or loaded with ham and vegetables.

Can also be used for tossing salads ..

Two plates... No problem ..

jim

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
There’s a company that comes to our office once a month and leaves a collection of books for the staff to buy, a couple of months ago one of the books caught my eye and I bought it and now keep it in the van.

It’s called One Pot and Casseroles; it has loads of recipes for dishes that can be cooked using one pot. We’ve tried quite a few now and well impressed with the variety of different recipes. The book is published by Parragon. Queen Street House 4 Queen Street Bath BA1 1HE and retails at £5.99. Goggle it and I am pretty sure that you will get it cheaper. Good luck with your trip to Europe.

Dave

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Buy a Skillet, they're brill, we have 3 burners (how posh are we:ROFLMAO:) and no oven. Never use more than 2 burners at a time.

It works like a mini oven. We have cooked, or should that be Kay, has cooked a Sunday lunch in it, jacket potatoes, whole chickens, stews, breakfasts, etc.

You can heat pizzas, pies, oven chips, etc.

Fabulous piece of kit, bit expensive £40 odd quid including the diffuser, but worth every penny. Works on a standard gas hob just like a saucepan, so you don't need hookup.

Saves on washing up too.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the ultimate cooking pot is a pressure cooker. less steam ,helps keep damp down .quick for every thing even joints. you can also do a kind of fruit cake if you are in the wilds and need cake. best tool i have . do chicken then cut into quarters then very quickly fry ,looks like they have been roasted. do spuds cut in half just slightly under cook then fry they also taste like roast. its possible to prepare and cook a xmas dinner in just over half an hour with pressurecooker. 15 minutes chicken 5 for spuds 5 for other veg . use water for gravy mix ,drop in xmas pud while you eat main course .quick custard n pudding for afters. only takes 2 rings . sit on taghazoute beach n watch the surf roll in . wont be long summer is coming. cheers alan
ps, i use a small 3litre one ideal for two. also 5 itre for family size

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Beans in one pan.....Bangers in the other.

proper food.:thumb:

if your on hookup invest in a Ramoska or a double skillet.

the Ramoska only uses 400watts and will cook a whole chicken, roasties and anything else dry cooked at the same time. in a lot less time than a conventional oven too.
also does pizza, toast (badly), stews/casseroles, bakes cakes/buns/breadrolls, baked spuds...infact anything you can think of.
do you get the impression i like 'em?:ROFLMAO:

the double skillet sits on the hob (i think) and is two pans in one. one on top of the other.

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
recipes for a 2 burner hob

Hi. I bought from Argos a 3 tier steamer, GREAT TOOL!! you can steam your veg and also steam fish etc. all over the one gas ring. I also have an oval casserole to cook larger cuts of meat or fish, I have tried the skillets (very expensive) that are sold at the shows, but inside coating did not last long, so I bought in a ferreteria (hardware shop) in Benidorm a tortilla pan, it clips together just like a skillet, it's much better quality and it's less than half the price of the skillet. Happy cooking bambi 2 :thumb:

Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
Another vote from here for the skillet.

Cook meat and potatoes in the bottom, veg in the top. Or
Turn one pan over and make it into an oven.

I'm bragging again but I have 2. I think you'll only find them at the shows but their base is in Norfolk.

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Oh God this forum is getting worse, "How do i cook on Two burners! whats next ?

I've bought a kettle can i boil other things in it?

I've bought a can opener does it just open soup or can i use it to open other foods?

I've bought a petrol container but i have a diesel, do i have to buy another can?

Bloody hell its getting beyond a joke

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006

I've bought a can opener does it just open soup or can i use it to open other foods?

I've bought a petrol container but i have a diesel, do i have to buy another can?

Comments like this would be better suited to the Dark Side.
One here we all try to be helpful, whatever the question.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Keith
why not look at these combination oven/grill with 2 leci rings on top OR a cadac gas cooker for bbq,s etc ive done grills, curry in a frying pan, chili the list is endless and camping gas is in easy supply in Europe. Pete:thumb::thumb: Ps also we are getting a induction hob as the new van has no leci ring only 3 gas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dogmanlpool

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d

i posted this on here cause am a newbie an have not done much cookn in motorhomes ???? it was intened to help me when am in europe on what things other people cook and do ye know sumthin never new anythin about a skillit untill i posted this ????? so i think the post worked for me and and prob a few others ok slickmouse thanks for the nasty ness keith :Angry:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
..... the post worked for me and and prob a few others ...

It reminded me that I have a skillet ...as yet unused despite having had it for a year:Doh:

anyone have any recipes/ideas for one?

...there's always 'scouse' I suppose.....:winky:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007

Comments like this are the very reason that I very rarely respond or ask questions on any forum. The other forum is RIFE with it.
As the title say's FUN, lets see fun and not snide.

Don

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Comments like this are the very reason that I very rarely respond or ask questions on any forum. The other forum is RIFE with it.
As the title say's FUN, lets see fun and not snide.

Don

well said Don...

jim

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009

:whatthe::Doh:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
To add to list. I use the Skillet on the stove or the Cobb outside.
The Cobb is expensive but good and can be used as an oven or a BBQ.

Great site, enjoy it.

Don

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!

What side of the Feckin bed did you get out of then????????????????????

What can i cook on 1 burner, maybe your Attitude ! Is this the way we treat new members then...thank heavens were not all as nasty as you!
I suppose you knew everything when you first started out?

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Ohhh get you, I reckon I can say/comment any way i like on this forum.

So you go take a good Persse/****/ to yourself

I've been censored !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dogmanlpool

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
Ohhh get you, I reckon I can say/comment any way i like on this forum.

So you go take a good Persse/****/ to yourself

I've been censored !!
oohhh get you ??:ROFLMAO: not nice is it people havn there opinion is it ? dnt like it do ye ? i think you shud just keep your own opinions to your self as many people have stated in the PMs to me ? its enough to make anyone not come on the site ? thanks not lookn for a reply so dnt bother ????:Angry:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
With two gas rings you have it made,use a pressure cooker on one and a three tier steamer on the other,for a change use a double skillet one one ring.Not recipes I know but the items mentioned will come with recipe books and all is very simple.:thumb::thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
With ref.to the double skillet,here at the Lincoln show a lady is demonstrating the use of the skillet and the pile of food she has produced is mind boggling,from toast,jacket potatoes,roast meat,pies sausages stir fries a huge pile of food is on display,all to be thrown away un -fortuneatly as health and safety doesn't allow her to give samples she says ???:Angry::Angry:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Any way to get back on track and leave the kids to fight in the playground. :ROFLMAO:
In my days of backpacking with a single burner primus or Trangia I was able to produce a pretty good 3 course meal. Usually consisting of soup(instant), steak and Smash mash with gravy and peas or carrots,followed by cake or stewed apple and custard. The secret was to boil up enough water first as it keeps the heat and is useful to keep other items warm and you have enough for a brew at the end and some washing up.
I then progressed to a series of VWs with 2 burners and discovered the Double skillet what a simple idea,I could do a roast dinner,pizzas curries stews and a full english, There is a recipe book produced by the vendors. Another good book is the Marka & Spencers holiday cook book which cover from 1 to 2 burners and food to prepare before you leave as well as no-cook recipes. As has been said a BBQ is a good idea.:thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Keith
You just have to look at his avatar and addess to guess what he is like, Up the pool (hope thats the right one for you) lol Pete:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back