Grand fort Phillip closed (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
The aire at Grand fort Phillip in now closed and permanent height barriers have been erected. 85 yds down the road on the other side of the fish dock is a small parking area which does not have a "no camping car" sign but it's part of their car park and I doubt very much a pleasant place for an overnight stay. There are new sign directing camping cars to an air which is simply a grassy(long and tatty) area opposite the campsite didn't stop to see if there were facilities but didn't see any on passing. Wouldn't want to stay there anyway it's just a it of grass off the road.

There is extensive " no camping car" signs everywhere else so Rue du Port at Gravelines is now the only place to go, just as well as its also best one.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Do you know what Oye Plage is like for parking now? I'd heard it had been stopped and a new Aire was in the making?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The aire at Grand fort Phillip in now closed and permanent height barriers have been erected. 85 yds down the road on the other side of the fish dock is a small parking area which does not have a "no camping car" sign but it's part of their car park and I doubt very much a pleasant place for an overnight stay. There are new sign directing camping cars to an air which is simply a grassy(long and tatty) area opposite the campsite didn't stop to see if there were facilities but didn't see any on passing. Wouldn't want to stay there anyway it's just a it of grass off the road.

There is extensive " no camping car" signs everywhere else so Rue du Port at Gravelines is now the only place to go, just as well as its also best one.
Gravelines as also been extended into the grassed area, so can take loads now, never saw the attraction in the other one with the buses turning all the time, anyway.

OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
U
Gravelines as also been extended into the grassed area, so can take loads now, never saw the attraction in the other one with the buses turning all the time, anyway.
Yes I posted about the extension last September but since then have never seen any evidence that anyone used it. I think there needs to be some signage as last night someone was parked on one of the two entrance/ exits. Although they have metal barriers which separate them from the aire it's not clear just what they are, I saw people drive away last night when there were no spaces who could have easily used the grass extension.

Might be famous last words but after extensive heavy rain last Thursday the grass scares remained firm and I don't think there would be a danger on sinking. We are 3.8 tonnes so not that big but I think we would have been ok

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
No restrictions in Skeggy....
clear.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

What a shame, nice stop, bit quieter than Gravelines and entertaining cafe over the road and probably one of the best baguettes in Northern FRance IMO

Jon

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The main problem with France, is that its full of peeps we used to be in the EEC with
clear.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back