Parking at Woking Crem? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Old school pal's (Chiswick Poly) funeral a week on thursday, assume there is no height barrier there?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
You should be able to see on google maps
Or drop them a quick email
I'm wondering why there would be a height restriction?

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
You should be able to see on google maps
Or drop them a quick email
I'm wondering why there would be a height restriction?
I had the same thought, not many people would want to stay there overnight. Although, having read of some wildcampers ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Horse drawn Hursts are high,so i would not think any height restrictions were in place,as the above post. If i have the misfortune to pass over,i want to arrive at the Crem. On the fifth wheel of a DAF XF,6x2 Super Space cab........... (After a blast up and down a M/way for an hour LOL)
Tea Bag

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
I pass it quite often and it has a small capacity car park (or so it seems judging by the cars that can't get in).
If you pass the creme with it on your left, there are residential roads off the next set of mini roundabouts. Could park there or a bit further up is a Wickes (on right hand side) and just behind the Wickes is a pub with a car park.

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I pass it quite often and it has a small capacity car park (or so it seems judging by the cars that can't get in).
If you pass the creme with it on your left, there are residential roads off the next set of mini roundabouts. Could park there or a bit further up is a Wickes (on right hand side) and just behind the Wickes is a pub with a car park.
Sounds good, I'll give it a go. When I last visited Woking, they were still on Pony and Traps! Wells, not quite, Ford Populars probably. I hadn't thought (yet) of checking on Google, it's a good idea to look. I was even thinking of hiring a small car.

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
Be careful going past the crem (when it's on your right). There's a fixed speed camera there

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just had a look at my files. When I last contacted Woking Council (September 2013) they said that their car parks weren't suitable but advised that motorhome drivers should contact authority's in advance where they have specific requirements.
As you are travelling a long distance they may well be able to make a one-off arrangement for you.

Deleted User
Unfortunately I have been to Woking Crem many times. I doubt that you would be allowed to take a motor home into the car park as it is very small and because of the frequency of funerals there are usually double the amount of cars. There is a school opposite and they do allow you to park in there but not at school times. I think you will have to find some on street parking, not a problem but might entail a little walk.

Spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back