Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
MAN LE160C4x4 motorhome
Exp
Since 1984 with a short break with a caravan
Hi all we are about to cross into France and I will need to buy a SIM card for my MiFi unit. Anyone know what is the best deal at the moment.....we will be in for 3 or 4 weeks
Thanks
Phil

OP
OP
Bromleyxphil

Bromleyxphil

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
MAN LE160C4x4 motorhome
Exp
Thanks for your input guys but I am in Spain on the back of a big trip so need something PAYG. I know I didn't give enough info, sorry

Deleted User
Orange have a deal call 'pret a surfer' at various levels, I have a 3Gb for 30 days at 25 euro. You have to buy a sim from them, I think it may be about 15 Euro's but not sure, I have had mine for a few years. Down side is that it can only be recharged in one of their shops, i think this can be done up to 12 months after the last deal has run out.

SFR probably do similar, I had one a few years ago but the coverage round us is not good, and no doubt there will be others

OP
OP
Bromleyxphil

Bromleyxphil

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
Bolton
Funster No
MH
MAN LE160C4x4 motorhome
Exp
I am finding the deals very expensive, 35E for 4 gig, is this good or not? That was with Orange.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am finding the deals very expensive, 35E for 4 gig, is this good or not? That was with Orange.
So I guess you are already there in France? In which case the suggestions for Three aren't much help. :)

I can only suggest shopping around, you sometimes find phone shops in the entrances of big supermarkets like a LeClerc. But if you get a local one it should be a lot faster than you will get with a UK based card.

Your prices do seem high, 3Gb from Three is £15 and it gets cheaper if you buy more.

djw1953

Free Member
Sep 4, 2016
Uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Found this wikia on prepaid data sims, you can select a country and it gives all options available with costs.
Just takes some time reading through.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We have an Airbox from Orange that we use when away from home. Various top-up options - the €25 for thirty days is more than adequate for two of us with laptops & ipads etc. top-up online, by phone or in shop. We always top-up online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back