DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've just downloaded four episodes of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again from the BBC iPlayer Radio site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009zbr2

They date from 1973 and will run out soon, there is only five days left on one of them. With John Cleese, Graeme Garden etc this is wonderful buffoonery.

Unlike the iPlayer TV side there are no geographic limits so I could download them here in Italy. Only 24Mb an episode.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
DBK,

I also am a lover of radio comedy both recent and not so recent. I well remember attending a recording session of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue in Torbay and it was wonderful, harmless, witty and spontaneous humour of a type that I believe is unique to our country.
If you, or any other Funster, is interested I have every episode ever broadcast of The Goon Show and Round the Horne and I would be only too happy to zip the files up and send them.

Mr Tinca

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
I've only fairly recently discovered the delights of Radio 4 Extra, what a treasure trove of old comedy programmes and entertaining drama. Finding it particularly relaxing while all the EU Referendum debates are going on, [is it nearly Thursday? I've already done my voting] much as I like Radio 4 there is just too much politics at the moment, so I'm escaping [have to live up to my name occasionally] there quite often. A good laugh makes you feel so much better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Somebody gave me the whole lot as MP3s a while ago. Classic stuff - I grew up with it and still quote bits of it from time to time in everyday conversation. Their Star Trek spoof was one of my favourites:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've just downloaded four episodes of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again from the BBC iPlayer Radio site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009zbr2

They date from 1973 and will run out soon, there is only five days left on one of them. With John Cleese, Graeme Garden etc this is wonderful buffoonery.

Unlike the iPlayer TV side there are no geographic limits so I could download them here in Italy. Only 24Mb an episode.
Brilliant, I didn't realise it ran into the 70's used to listen to it in the 60's.

I always remember the odd sketch like:

Doctor: Nuse Gotobed, take your clothes off.
Nuse Gotobed: Yes Doctor.
Patient: I can't see why she should take her clothes off.
Doctor: If you can't see why she should take her clothes off your eyes must be bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back