Touring Germany - Useful Website (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Great, we hope to have another trip to Germany soon. Very useful, thanks. :clap:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Thanks. Saved o Favourites, will use next month while touring the Mossel & Rhain Vallys.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
We are planning to go to Germany and Poland in the next few weeks and I have been doing a little research. Seems like we will need to get an Umwelte Plakette for the van. (We plan to visit Berlin, Koln and a few other cities that have these low pollution zones).

I found the subject of procuring one of these things a little confusing particularly when some of the sites seems to be offering a choice of either printed or hand written discs - which seems to be very unusual for the Germans as they generally have only one way of doing something correctly! The cost also seems to vary.

Can someone please clarify which is the best source for an Umwelte Plakette for my van, whether the disc should be printed or handwritten and what is the best (easiest) way of getting one,

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
We are off to Poland in 11 days time, via Germany. Our first big trip. Excited, overwhelmed, bit nervous.....

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
We are planning to go to Germany and Poland in the next few weeks and I have been doing a little research. Seems like we will need to get an Umwelte Plakette for the van. (We plan to visit Berlin, Koln and a few other cities that have these low pollution zones).

I found the subject of procuring one of these things a little confusing particularly when some of the sites seems to be offering a choice of either printed or hand written discs - which seems to be very unusual for the Germans as they generally have only one way of doing something correctly! The cost also seems to vary.

Can someone please clarify which is the best source for an Umwelte Plakette for my van, whether the disc should be printed or handwritten and what is the best (easiest) way of getting one,

I sent an email to vertrieb-mobilitaet@tuev-nord.de with a copy of my V5 registration certificate and it cost 12.5 Euros back in 2013.

Here is their website http://www.tuev-nord.de/de/english-low-emission-zone/order-form-english-8761.htm

They are a reputable organisation!

?

Deleted User
I was on the understanding this low pollution zones was only on trial and only for locals. Having said that this was six month or so ago but it was a local bloke from Padderborn who was telling me.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You can buy them on arrival for a few euros from any TUV centre will need your v5c and confirmation of euro emissions class.

Personally have not found the need to use them, the stellplatze in Koln has an umwelt free route into/out of the city.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back