Oyster vision 2 85cm dish (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We are on a site at Agde, and got all the Brit channels on my Oyster Vision 2 (85 cm dish)...then we moved pitch and the channels all disappeared. This coincided with heavy cloud cover, we could then only access sky news and a few others. Cloud cover came and went..but still no channels.
I altered the skew angle (only a bit) and still nothing, although the signal strength and quality bars were almost full.
I noticed that every time I lowered the dish, and then raised it again, it would always look for the last position. I had it in my head that I wanted to force it to scan again, but couldn't figure out how to do it, the instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired.
Then I had a brainwave....I reversed about 10 foot, on full left hand down lock, stopped..then raised the dish. This forced the system to re-scan having failed to obtain a signal at last position. Result..a perfect picture on all channels.
I then moved back to my original position (give or take a foot), dish up, re-scan, and all channels now being received.
Maybe if I could've forced it to re-scan in it's original position, instead of it always going to last position, I'd have avoided having to move.
I thought I'd be able to force a re-scan by pulling the fuse on the system, which the instruction manual says re-sets the system, but it still went back to last position.
It was never this complicated with my 80cm dish attached to the ladder rack.
Anyway...we missed the England match, and a few other programmes, but all ok now.

regards
Allen

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
if you want to get it to do a fresh search just go into main menu and find automatic search and press the tick.

OP
OP
walburga
Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
if you want to get it to do a fresh search just go into main menu and find automatic search and press the tick.

Well...defeated straight away....couldn't weigh up how to access any menu...the instruction manual is not written (or maybe translated) well enough for me to make a guess.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
on your control box you have 4 buttons , left to right are dishup/down then left arrow , right arrow and the last button is a tick. after you put the dish up and it has stopped press the tick first , then press either the left or right arrow until you see "automatic search" then press tick. your dish will perform a fresh search.

OP
OP
walburga
Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
Well seanoo...the dish went 'off' again, so I performed the above...result...all channels back. I think the van has settled ever so slightly at the front, or the winds here may have moved it a little. I know we are on the edge of the footprint here in Agde, so either will probably affect it.
Anyway, thanks for that, and it's saved me moving the van again. I wish the instruction book was a little easier to understand.

Allen

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
no worries allen , glad i could help. when you are on the very fringe of the footprint you will find your oyster isnt 100% accurate on every search because the signals are so weak and you need to have the dish spot on . sometimes you need to perform a second search to find your channels. searching when windy can also throw the dish out a bit also. the rule i use is if its windy enough to make the picture break up then i put the dish down. all the best sean

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Iv got a dome sat system which only works barely half way down
into France and messaged Eddievanbitz on here enquiring about changing
to this oyster dish and he said it wouldn't perform better than my
existing dome,so interesting to hear yours works down as far as
Adge!

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
My dome works well down to about Bordeaux then becomes a bit hit or miss.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Iv got a dome sat system which only works barely half way down
into France and messaged Eddievanbitz on here enquiring about changing
to this oyster dish and he said it wouldn't perform better than my
existing dome,so interesting to hear yours works down as far as
Adge!

But you won't have to take it down if it's windy

Joe

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome

THIS IS THE ONE

Product Description

The Maxview MXL011 VuDome has been designed to give you the ultimate in convenience when you arrive on site and want to catch up with the latest news, your favourite programmes, or just simply want some entertainment on a dull evening.

The Maxview MXL011 is a twin LNB self-leveling system equivalent to a 50cm dish, allowing the fastest set-up speeds when you arrive on site. Maxview’s MXL011 dome is a fully automated dome satellite system which removes the need for any manual tuning, and comes with a 3 year guarantee. The dome design completely eliminates the risk of forgetting to fold down before travelling and will work with any UK receiver. It is ideal for use in both the UK, receiving transmissions from Astra 1, Astra 2, Hotbird and more. Compatible with all DVB-S standard and high definition satellite receivers including SKY.

With the MXL011 the typical search time for locking on to a satellite is between 30 to 60 seconds, meaning super fast satellite acquisition. Twin LNB functionality makes this system ideal for use with PVR’s, Sky + or with two receivers at the same time. The Maxview MXL011 dome satellite design is lightweight, all weather resistant and in a fully tested dome casing that takes away the worry of operating your MXL011 satellite system in windy conditions as it is designed to be permanently mounted to the roof of your vehicle. Very easy installation is achieved by only having to connect the coaxial cable(s) to the control box – there is no need to connect a separate power supply to the dome.

The dimension of the MXL011 Full-Auto VuDome are:
Height: 40cm
Diameter: 70cm (y)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

THIS IS THE ONE

Product Description

The Maxview MXL011 VuDome has been designed to give you the ultimate in convenience when you arrive on site and want to catch up with the latest news, your favourite programmes, or just simply want some entertainment on a dull evening.

The Maxview MXL011 is a twin LNB self-leveling system equivalent to a 50cm dish, allowing the fastest set-up speeds when you arrive on site. Maxview’s MXL011 dome is a fully automated dome satellite system which removes the need for any manual tuning, and comes with a 3 year guarantee. The dome design completely eliminates the risk of forgetting to fold down before travelling and will work with any UK receiver. It is ideal for use in both the UK, receiving transmissions from Astra 1, Astra 2, Hotbird and more. Compatible with all DVB-S standard and high definition satellite receivers including SKY.

With the MXL011 the typical search time for locking on to a satellite is between 30 to 60 seconds, meaning super fast satellite acquisition. Twin LNB functionality makes this system ideal for use with PVR’s, Sky + or with two receivers at the same time. The Maxview MXL011 dome satellite design is lightweight, all weather resistant and in a fully tested dome casing that takes away the worry of operating your MXL011 satellite system in windy conditions as it is designed to be permanently mounted to the roof of your vehicle. Very easy installation is achieved by only having to connect the coaxial cable(s) to the control box – there is no need to connect a separate power supply to the dome.

The dimension of the MXL011 Full-Auto VuDome are:
Height: 40cm
Diameter: 70cm (y)

Mines a Roadpro and the same size as yours so I will try it again next month
when we head to the Sth of France.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread