Mileage Log. Please Help (1 Viewer)

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi all.

We are about to get our first Motorhome, and I personally wish to have a 'Travel Log' in the van so we can keep a record of mileage, journeys, fuel campsite etc etc. I searched the net, and found that there are not that many 'mileage' based travel logs available, and those that are available are either far to 'business' orientated or are not that well layed out for what we on here perhaps would want.

I eventually purchased a nice little book from a company local to myself, and having chatted to the company owner, they are in agreement that they would like to work with me to create a new purpose designed 'Travel Log' for Motorhomers.

It would be A5 size so as to fit into most MH glove boxes.

I have created a very basic layout of what I feel I want in such a 'log', but being so new to this ourselves, I would be interested to hear ALL your thoughts and ideas.

"What would you like to see added to this record sheet"?

Link Removed

Please let me have any input, as I know that this project is only going to be of use if it is designed for what the majority of Motorhomers want.

Thanks folks, and I hope to hear from you all.

Adge.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i know exactly what you need and its available right now.....

writen and designed by our very own ringleader...Jim (admin)

you'll also be helping fund the best motorhome website on the internet.:thumb:

click the link and have a look.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
I bought the one form MH fun and looks to be perfect - first trip next week:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
AdgeRas

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Thank you guys for the replies. Sadly I was A: Not aware that the 'Travel Journal and Logbook' was connected with this web site, and B: although I had seen this book on the web, I failed to buy it as I was not able to find any way of seeing what things and in whay way you were able to log your travels. I did try to find a bookshop with the book in so as to be able to check it out, but sadly failed to find one.

Is there any web page that shows an example of the 'log' pages in the book?

OP
OP
AdgeRas

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Thank you Wildman, that link, which is one I have seen before does give a lot of info, but unless I am failing to see a further link on that page, there is no where that it shows an example, or gives a description, of what the user can log.

The book is listed among pthers on the following page;

Link Removed

and tells me it is a book I can not find in bookstores, so I have no way of looking at the book and seeing if it will cater for what I am wanting. We could say that a 'log book is a log book' and therefore it will surfice, but as we know with accounting, there are many different forms of accounting, and likewise many different forms of account books and forms on which to write your accounts.

To have a picture on the sales page which showed an example, as in this example of the site I did purchase the log bopk I have now got, would I believe be of value.

Link Removed

I feel I have opened a can of worms and am annoying the author of the book people on here are pointing me at. I truly meant no insult and would love to buy that book and end my search and efforts to possibly create what until now I have not found.

Good wishes to all.

Adge

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I did try to find a bookshop with the book in so as to be able to check it out, but sadly failed to find one.
Is there any web page that shows an example of the 'log' pages in the book?

There is an easy way, just pay £8.99. Coppers in the grand scheme of things.

OP
OP
AdgeRas

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi Brian.

Yes thats a very true comment, but there is also the old comment "Don't judge a book by it's cover".
Before the internet arrived, we had to go into bookshops to buy books, we could then view them before making the decision.
All I am suggesting is that a clearer verbal descrition of what can be logged, or a picture showing the log page would surely improve sales, it certainly would not reduce sales.

Adge

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thank you Wildman, that link, which is one I have seen before does give a lot of info, but unless I am failing to see a further link on that page, there is no where that it shows an example, or gives a description, of what the user can log.

Adge
Destinations has room for extensive descriptions of 100 trips as well as space to record details of new friends that you meet along the way. You also have an area to record fuel, mileage, road types, mpg averages and toll charges. There is also a section to record repairs and maintenance. Even if you are a very active traveller this journal will last you a couple of years at least.
not sure what details you are looking for but has start, end, total milage, fuel purchases, site info with check boxes, space for your own note, diary, contacts and phone numbers as it says above. PM Jim for some screenshots if you need more details.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Adge,
if you can wait 'til tomorrow i'll photograph a couple of pages and add them as attachments.

i can assure you it has all the criteria you want and some......

each page will allow you to enter details of campsites and the facilities available, start mileage, end mileage, fuel used, cost etc. and a brief description of your trip.
mostly multiple choice tick box's so not a lot of penwork needed.
there are pages to log fuel consumption, fuel purchases, repairs, service records......the list goes on.

seperate pages for personal notes and observations, infact much more than you will really ever need.

well worth the minor outlay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdgeRas

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Pappajohn, thank you.

My first creation of a thread and I feel as if I have gotten a rite Royal bite on the bum for overlooking this book.

I have sent a appology to Jim and said I will be buying the book, but would love to see th pics if you have the time.

Thanks again, I will send you a PM with my email address and then you can simply email them to me if thats easier.

Thanks again.

Adge

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Adge, no problem. I am in the middle of making a youtube infomercial for destinations so you will be able to look inside the journal and see just how useful it is. Don't wait for that though, please do buy one, For your peace of mind it comes with a money back guarantee, so there is absolutely no risk - and the profits support this great site so buy one for a friend as well:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Adge, no problem. I am in the middle of making a youtube infomercial for destinations so you will be able to look inside the journal and see just how useful it is. Don't wait for that though, please do buy one, For your peace of mind it comes with a money back guarantee, so there is absolutely no risk - and the profits support this great site so buy one for a friend as well:thumb:

Dont push yer luck son. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Diariy for travlling

For the last 10 years or so my wife has written out her milages, road numbers and general comments as she goes along. We are able to derive fuel consumptions, tolls paid and time travelled. Each year we do 2 trips, spring and autumm ,to most of Europe and always able to pick up information from them for future trips..Its surprising how often we remember a place by comments written at that time. Last time we were in Uzech - France a couple of years ago a sign for the supermarket indicated only 200metres so we walked, we finished up doing 700metres-- this year we didn't walk.

Ron W

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back