french aires (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
FORUM CAMPINGCAR-INFOS • Afficher le sujet - AIRES GRATUITES

self explanatory for those of us who speak french ...for those who don't , any translation programme will do the job :Smile:

but briefly it says ...why are all our french aires stuffed with foreign motorhomes not leaving space for us ...THEY don't usually offer us similar facilities

maybe a movement to aires being for french registered motorhomes only [ like mine :Smile:]

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
The point about the similar facilities certainly here in the UK is very valid

On the other hand it does encourage spending in those towns by the motorhomers etc

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This has come up before .....seems to me some of the miserable bu$$ers only like to be visited when you are prepared to leave your dead behind:Angry:

I have tried to say as much on web site but on registering ,my eyesight is so poor I cant get past the spam test:Sad:

and yes the Aires only exist with the aim of encourging tourism.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp

self explanatory for those of us who speak french ...for those who don't , any translation programme will do the job :Smile:

but briefly it says ...why are all our french aires stuffed with foreign motorhomes not leaving space for us ...THEY don't usually offer us similar facilities

maybe a movement to aires being for french registered motorhomes only [ like mine :Smile:]

You forgot to say that only ONE POST say "too much foreigners" ALL THE OTHER POSTS say "no foreigners are welcome" :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: are you french? or is it just your motorhome?

Frankie

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think posts like this just make bad feelings. best if you dont like the french to not visit their country. i like the french and find them very welcoming. have been staying on aires since they started ,in fact been staying in french villages just about all my life. never been asked to move even with caravan or tent. i knew french people that lived on aires for years and always made foreigners welcome. if you dont like them ok dont go there. read the post. only the first one complains maybe he doesnt like foreigners but then it does say he was walking not in a van.ive even had french people invite me to put up my tent on their lawn when camping with m,bike.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Google translation :

FREE AREAS

JPAS messaged "September 25, 2009 7:56
Hello,
I will certainly revive an old controversy, but, back from a walk of 10 days in the south of France, I am disgusted.
Without being chauvinistic (well, I try), I note that the free areas are occupied to 80% by "foreign" English, Belgian, Holland (a max) and, again, s'étallent by deploying their camping equipment. A recent example: Wednesday, September 23, the area of the Mirabel Baronnies (Drôme), was employed by other Europeans as French. This is an example, but every night this fact can be observed (Vaison la Romaine, the day before: 20 foreigners from 25 CC). Meanwhile the French nationals in their own country, look to find a place to ask.
It is sad to note that in other European countries, there is little free areas and that one is forced to go into campsites.
Without segregation, I think that is quite abnormal and regrettable. And if those guests wishing to camp, they go on the land allocated for this purpose.
J.P.

First Reply

Bjr
In most European countries, there are at least as much if not free CC areas than in France and French motorhomers not hesitate to use them. As foreigners among us, they can read information about the areas they are on paper or on the Internet as a database CCInfos. Why do they deprive themselves to step on free areas if they wish?
Good day
Christian

2nd

Hello

Personally I think c is fine for all these foreigners come to France because they do not live of love and of fresh water so they consume and turn our economy

If there's unpacking, it may be objectionable but it is limited compared to some others ...

In fact even if the areas are free, I parked because I rarely like to have my living space and can do what I want barbecue j generator, bowls without being spied on by the eye of Moscow.

Good day

3rd

hello

I respect everyone's views in general but now it becomes the grand n importe quoi! t agree then the French are well known to complain but now it goes far!

j opens a topic called "free range" and I come across someone complaining of a number of foreign areas french .... j ai l impression that he is always there that have anything to say in the world cc, no way d be delighted by the services offered, we must not complain that "other European" also enjoy ...

c is hopeless ....

Last edited:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
we don't use Aires very much, even in the quiet season they are a bit too full for our liking, prefer to use municipal sites

France is a great country, well worth a visit, with a very civilised view of motorhoming and camping.

I have a lot of sympathy for the people who live in popular tourist areas who get swamped by large motorhomes, who arrive en masse and block roads and views.

I do not understand people who whinge about 'foreigners' and try to score points by proclaimimg their bigotry - even if they then scatter little smiley faces around.

Hi to yodeli and welcome you 'little frenchie froogie' from a 'monkey-hanger' :Eeek: :Blush:

:Doh: google it :Tongue:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
vwlan , fail to see whether or not we like the french has got to do with the guys post ...did you actually read it ?
personally I live in france because I like the place and the people , and am very happy to see that , since I read this thread , the french people who responded were overwhelmingly against the sentiments expressed therein

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
lebesset. of course i read the post. it sounded like some one trying to get a french slanging match. dont quite understand your reason for the post. as most french campers never object to us useing aires even the original post on other site seems a waste of time. i have been travelling through france since a small boy .love the place think the french very nice folk and when i see someone knocking them i feel i have to put a good word in for them. i have considered living there my self but realised that uk is a very nice place and is probably the best place to live at the moment. have watched lots of people move to france and spain etc but dont think most are that happy. uk is the one for me. i do like to visit many countries and do. but uk is the best .lots work /money to be earnt. prices aceptable, we,ve never had it this good in my life time. so i hope lots leave this lovelly isle it gets better every year . cheers alan.

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It was only the first poster that had problems with other Europeans and that was only about putting out chairs and B.B.Q.s etc.I think the majority welcome us, I know I have always been welcome by the French even though I am English and drive a Spanish reg motorhome (that always get the conversation going)
No one complained about my dad coming ashore at Normandy making a mess of their country ,camping all over the place without permission.I think he liked it so much he is still there.........in a field somewhere in France...............mum never did get a postcard.

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
It was only the first poster that had problems with other Europeans and that was only about putting out chairs and B.B.Q.s etc.I think the majority welcome us, I know I have always been welcome by the French even though I am English and drive a Spanish reg motorhome (that always get the conversation going)
No one complained about my dad coming ashore at Normandy making a mess of their country ,camping all over the place without permission.I think he liked it so much he is still there.........in a field somewhere in France...............mum never did get a postcard.

You know that you are always welcome. It also your house somewhere ..................

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back