Help with my Huawei WiFi E5330 (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Some on here suggested I bought a Huawei E5330, which I have. On our recent trip around France it worked brilliantly. I was able to receive e-mails and was also able to get on to websites but was unable to send any emails.

help please

colyboy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How do you send emails?
Are the emails sitting in your outbox?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
It will depend on which method you use for email (Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook etc) but you have to change your Server Port Number. Full instructions can be found at....

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI...t_pid=13625,varset_cid=13627,Case=EXT(EM4403)

If you problems accessing that page, let me know and I can send them as a reply on this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Robert, Yes the emails are sitting in my outbox. I am using the Huawei with my IPad.

colyboy

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
namwaldog, Thanks for the info.. I am still confused . I have registered the Huawei but have miss laid my password they give the chance to change my password, BUT will not me allow me to do this.
colyboy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
namwaldog, Thanks for the info.. I am still confused . I have registered the Huawei but have miss laid my password they give the chance to change my password, BUT will not me allow me to do this.
colyboy
Password is printed on the inside of the back cover

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't really see what the mifi thingy has got to do with your emails, all it does is connect you to the Internet much the same as your router at home it's you iPad or whatever that deals with your emails.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Don't really see what the mifi thingy has got to do with your emails, all it does is connect you to the Internet much the same as your router at home it's you iPad or whatever that deals with your emails.
Looking on the Huwei website it looks like there is a known issue with this model and the port numbers it uses for sending email - just needs a quick change I believe

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If you are using an email client to access emails, rather than a browser page, then you have to set up details of the sending server on the client. Using a mini you are accessing the server over the mobile network and it requires a different port setting than that required when access is made over the fixed network.

If you change from mifi to conventional WiFi then you will have to change the settings each time you change. For this reason it is often preferred to use a browser rather than a client when there are no settings to be concerned with.

Hope this is understandable.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Robert. Thanks again, what the hell is "port numbers" how do I change them?

colyboy

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Robert. Thanks again, what the hell is "port numbers" how do I change them?

colyboy
What are you using to send and receive emails?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't really know anything about all these ports and stuff, but we used one of these things in France on three feel at home, and never had any bother at all with emails on iPad, Windows phone , and android tablet, just the same as being at home.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know, just whatever came with the iPad, yahoo mail on android tablet, and Windows Mail on phone, never been a problem , I have a btinternet, email a gmail email and a hotmail and they all just work(y)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Hello Colyboy. This is how I would change the Port numbers on my Ipad 1 ...

1. Press the settings icon (the one that looks like a cog)
2.Press on 'Mail, Contacts, Calenders' and this will open on the right hand side a page that lists the accounts set up on the Ipad.
3. Press on the Account name you want to change.and this will bring up a new page that gives the details of the Account such as Name, Email etc. At the bottom of this page you will see 'Outgoing Mail Server' with 'SMTP' below it
4 Press on 'SMTP' and a new page opens at the top of which is 'Primary Server' under which is listed your outgoing server. In my case it is 'smtp.outlook.com'.
5. Press on your Primary Server name and a new page opens listing the details of the server the bottom of which is 'Server Port' followed by a number. This number is the one you need to change. Make a note of the default settings Port Number and then change it by touching the screen just after the number which puts the flashing cursor there. Backspace to delete it then type in the new Port Number 465, or 485 or 587 one at a time and then press 'Done' on Top Right Hand Corner.
Go back to your Home Screen and try and send an email. If it doesn't work with 465, try again with 485 and then 587 until one of them works.
6 If none of them work repeat the steps again and type in your default Server Port number and you are back to where you started.

I hope this helps. It sounds more frightening than it is!

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I think the issue is more related to the email provider you use...

Some email providers use standard connection settings and some use "autodiscover" functionality so your devices can work out for themselves how to send and receive email.

However, some providers (like mine) use odd settings or don't use autodiscover. Then you have to set up your email server connections manually...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back