travelling mates, (1 Viewer)

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
Hi,i am looking for small familie's or anyone who is married with kids with their own c'van or m'home for short notice w'ends holidays away.yes i know,thats what you have rallies for,and yes we meet people on site yadda yadda..We work most weekends,so,sometimes on a friday night we think,ah,lets go away for the rest of weekend.heres a bit bout us anyway..We have Burstner tag axle..live in northumberland...Hubby is 45.haulage contractor.smokes a little.works hard.country/irish music.messy begger,happy when covered in grease,oil,diesel,paint,fiddles with engines,spot lights blah blah..dislikes swearing.arsey people.snobs..enjoys not being hassled......daughter,age 12,,enjoys music,psp,nintendo ds,very gsoh...best progs are.only fools and h'ses..vic of dib..mr bean..x factor..dislikes smokers... well...polite.quite shy..enjoys the swings still...very sociable with girls and boys....gets very compettitive at rounders..so do i..loves pasta.......me,well,i smoke away from my daughter.enjoy coffee.work hard.like things tidy.down to earth.not rich, work 8 til 8 five days week..music.anastasia.cher.80's.know 60's 70's....even jim reeves..have 2 lab dogs...live on farm.i have shogun.hubby a ranger.daughter a quad...looking 2 go 2 france next year,i don't want to go alone,hubby chats bout trucks,daughter gets bored....lasses about my age would be good...42...or should that now be women.oh god,i'm getting older..we have been to dominic repub..mexico..wow..would do mexico tomorrow if we could..none of our friends are interestsd in c'vans or m'homes....there must be people out there who would enjoy short notice trips...oh yes,when we are on site,if we want to see the sights we will,if we don't then we wont..we want travelling pals,not mothers...many thanks,Angie.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Angie,

Good to see your getting more in to posting more.

Ok firstly- You dont have to apologise or justify your smoking, most of us funsters don't give a shxt, even us reformed ones :winky::ROFLMAO:

Yeah meets are for getting together and meeting others and as a family with young kids all I would say is that no one mothers us, we have a ball and you will find that most funster's although old in age are so young at heart its unbelievable. Indeed some of them keep me up way past there bed time. Its rare that you get a snobby funster and if you do they tend not to be very nice anyway.

We have just come back from france well 4 or so weeks ago, we went on Pammys meet and had a blast. Many kids/ grandkids were about and its great fun. When we came back a few of us stuck together for a few more nights of fun. The good thing about funsters is you dont have to what your told, you can do as you like and no one will be offended.

We go to France twice a year and on the last 3 occasions have had other Motorhomers following us and never had a fall out, and one of them was a geordie :Eeek:

There is nothing to stop you putting a little post on at short notice to say you are going somewhere any one want to join you. thats what the site is for. We are short notice people too, rarely making plans.

There is a meet not to far away from you in October being hosted by Pammy and Geo who are great hosts check the callender.

So relax and join the fun.:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Apart from the use of the four letter w word (W**k) an excellent post:thumb:
unfortunatly it looks as though you would only fit in with 99.99% of funsters:RollEyes: never mind, as Haggars suggested post away at short notice where your going and someone may just pop along:whatthe:
feel free to join us at any meet that suites
The only trouble going to france with Paul is you have to sign the official secrets thingy before he lets you into where all the best Aeirs and sites are he,s already killed 6 members who told:Eeek:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
cheers for reply,..We should of been in florida now.hubby being a haulier can't afford to park up for many hols a year,so we decided to go scotch in summer hols when daughter was off.cancelled florida.these two wanted to go away in m'home instead.we've been top to bottom of england.doing france next year if it kills me..:roflmto:

OP
OP
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
As long as you stay at the testing station down there,and don't come north i'll be fine,haha...cheers....ps.you got no wagons to check over or something...you'd think i had nothing better to do either..i'm supposed to be studying physiology for work.lol.

OP
OP
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
Hi, i am putting for a holiday that week.even the patients think i look knackerd at the moment.but it depends on the big boss re:hols,and how many staff are off at same time.:cry:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Angie

We're Graham,Kay n Chelsea, Were friend's with, well basically anyone who wants to share a glass or two, and not camp in our pockets

We're very disorganised, fly by the seat of our pants, don't do planning, we joined the funsters in France this year, had a ball, and went on with them for an extra couple of days before heading off on our own

Thats France for ya, no need to plan, choose a destination, head for it, if you get there good, if you don't even better, France to us is layed back and there are so many aire, you'll love it when you eventually get there

there another group of m/h who have lots of meets up your way www.clubnomads.co.uk Shhh check um out, there are lots of members on here that are members

if you get away at half term, checkout haven at Primrose valley, Filey, they had an offer on for the week for about ÂŁ120 if they have any space left:thumb:

Goodluck

OP
OP
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
well everyone..not been a good idea having the laptop in the kitchen today,and been on this site.got begger all done whilst off shift,should of been studying physiology,but what the hey..many thanks to responses.the 1.4 kids are sleeping..i'm off too.happy motoring:Smile:....and remember hubbys'.if you don't want to blow it then don't let the wife down::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
HI all,after reading everyones' comments about travelling to france,I lied,I do need mothered..now i;m reading that the french don't like tag axles..oh god..Paul,my 'just go for it' other arf,thinks he can just pull up for the night and park anywhere.Knowing my luck the ferry will be called mini titanic.Being a nurse i like everything planned to the hilt.but going to europe next year with this van is worrying the pap out of me now..i don't panic as a rule,especially in my job.but being away with a child and not knowing what probs can,and will pop up bothers me. input please,and lots of it.:Eeek:Ang.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
hi Ang

Your worrying about nothing, you've read the one thread were a campsite turned away a tag axle, I have a tag and there are many other also that have them, we have never had a prob at all, full stop

the word prob is an English word and an english condidtion, we seem to like making things difficult for both ourselves and others, not so abround, you may have a prob deciding wether to drink white, red, or rose, but thats about it

if your free the weekend of 9/10 Oct why noy join the meet at Nuneaton (the meet in the middle) there will be lots of folks there most with kids, most haveing been to France and some with Tags, you can quiz them, maybe meet a traveling companion and the nipper will have agreat weekend.

OP
OP
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
hi Ang
HI blisters,not off til kids off,end oct..9 of 10th is wk end on shift,alt wk end shifts..but looking for somewhere for that wk,3 hrs or so away.depend on site,and pennies:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back