Scandinavian Summer Trip 2016 (1 Viewer)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well after not a very good start a couple of weeks ago we're now properly into the tour. In fact today we've just crossed from Sweden into Finland and are parked up (free) at Santa Claus Village near Romanieni.

I've now managed to get our blog up to date and as I get time I'll add things like costs etc.

Tomorrow we're starting the final couple of days trek to Nordkap, travelling up through Finland. If there's any other Funsters around let us know. Seen very few Brits up to now.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Very jealous of you trip to Nordkap. Definitely on my "to do" list. Just back from Norway ourselves and saw very few British vehicles. (Just two!)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you're overnighting in Copenhagen on the way back don't miss the Diesel House museum by the camp site.
They run the big engine on the first and third Sunday's of the month.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Aaaarrgggghhhhh. Nearly disaster - bloody satnavs!

Getting to the end of the day, decided to stop just short of Nordkapp at Honningsvag, get some fuel and overnight. Archies told us of a place in the town so programmed it in. Took three attempts to find the "right" turning and ended up climbing a 1 in 3 shale surface driveway, which was a dead-end - and no b....y campsite!

Then got completely stuck with luggage rack stuck up on a bank and the front wheels spinning and almost across the road. No matter what I tried couldn't get purchase so just about to try and find a tow when a lady who stopped to help suggested I try to turn it the other way - but if it went wrong we'd be totally b......d! Oh did I mention it was pouring with rain too?

Well to my embarrassment it worked and I managed to reverse all the way back down. Fortunately I only managed to break the number plate off my nice new luggage rack so when it stops raining, I'll get that fixed.

Get the whisky bottle out! (We're parked up nice and safe elsewhere now).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back