Park4night question (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I use this app a lot - it seems to have more free places to park than camper contact.
However I can't understand why I can't add comments or corrections. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to join up.
Sorry to be thick . Can anyone help?
I want to add a correction where we were misled so someone else won't be.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can do it via the website at www.park4night.com. Find the location you want and it's pretty self explanatory from there.

As far as I can tell I can do it via the app as well although I haven't. Find a place on the map, tap on the pin so the description pops up, tap on the description to get to the main page for the location, scroll down a bit and you find "Leave a Comment" That's on the IOS app.

On the website as soon as you click the options to correct or comment it asks you to log in or register. Not sure what happens on the app.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've not used Park4night but, having looked at the map for our local area, I'm not surprised that people might be misled. The 3 sites listed at Redcar/Marske are, as mentioned in regarding Camper Contact and Search for Sites, questionable and, at best, tolerated.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I find it hit & miss. Campercontact are a bit more discerning I think.
All web sites which rely on user input suffer (as I found myself) a common problem of verification. People send in details with the best intentions but they are sometimes based on out of date or incomplete knowledge.
Having created an entry the site owner then has the responsibility to continually check that the information is still valid because changes happen all the time. That can take an enormous amount of time & effort and is the reason why I changed my own web site to link to the web sites of car park owners who (one hopes anyway) would keep their own information up to date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: CWH

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've found it shows more places than CamperContact but the additions are generally without services, literally just car parks - which we rarely use with our incontinent van.

I think all these sites are useful in the planning stage but once on the road I use CamperContact almost exclusively now, plus the ACSI books when a campsite is needed.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks guys that's useful.
Yes we use them for free spots and yes they are hit and miss. I'll try and post a comment then

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Hi Jac and otthers,

1) To use social actions like
- add commentaries
- add a places
- propose modifications
You need to have an account validated (it's free)

2) Our database is veryfied by a moderator team and user's themselves.
We have hundreds of modifications each days.
However we can't be 100% accurate (like wikipedia indeed).

3) In park4night you can find places for motorhome with services and designed to stay the night (campings, motorhome area...)
You can also find places for the day with or without services (picnic area, daylight parking...).
Indeed you have a large choice of places, thoses places are indicated by differents icons.
Why ? because in motorhomes or vans we don't need all the time services or a place to stay also the night.

More often when I use my van traveling in Europe, I park more often 2 times a day (to visit city's or museum, to eat in more wild area or use a nice picnic wood table, or take a walk)
Launching the app seeing icons you can make your own choice.
You can also filter places in settings (if you never go to picnic area for example).

I hope those precision could be helpfull.

If you have others questions, don't hesitate ;)

Regards,

Frédéric

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you Frederic
Where exactly in the app does it allow you to open an acount?

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
There is different way, this one is simple (pictures from an Android Phone)
238358createanaccount.jpg

After Login click "Create My username" and folow steps.

Regards,

Frédéric

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
2) Our database is veryfied by a moderator team and user's themselves.
We have hundreds of modifications each days.
However we can't be 100% accurate (like wikipedia indeed).
May I suggest that you check Scarborough/Sandsend/Robin Hoods Bay as camping overnight isn't allowed even though daytime parking is.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
loaded the app onto my I-pad. looked on the map? Nothing? its just a map. dont matter where you look no indication of anything other than what is on (say) google earth.?

What am I missing?

Pete

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Frederic what are you pressing to get from pic one to pic two? I am also on android

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Pete you have to click the arrows refresh sign at the bottom and it will show the parking stops .

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
May I suggest that you check Scarborough/Sandsend/Robin Hoods Bay as camping overnight isn't allowed even though daytime parking is.
I just did, they were an error for Sandsend with green motorhome icon.
On our app "[P]" icons means camping comportements are not allowed (You can't use table outside etc...).

Frederic what are you pressing to get from pic one to pic two? I am also on android

There is icon with 3 strips on the top and left corner.

If you don't have maybe you are running an old version of the app.
In this case go to this link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.tramb.park4night&hl=en
If there is green button "[Update]" click to it, instead of there will be a green button "[Installed]"

What am I missing?

Jac gave the solution

Regards,

Frédéric

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I just did, they were an error for Sandsend with green motorhome icon.
On our app "[P]" icons means camping comportements are not allowed (You can't use table outside etc...).
That may suit other countries, Frederic, but in the UK habitation of a vehicle (even without anything outside) is camping, not parking, and that is banned in all of those locations. Even parking a motorhome is banned between 11pm and 7am. You will find all the details on the North Yorkshire and Scarborough council web sites.

By the way, I also noticed another location (Waggon Road, Ashton under Lyne) whilst browsing where Google Street View actually shows No Camping signs.

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Thanks a lot Graham to let me the possibility to explain on this forum spirit and using of our app.

I saw few times people probably missunderstood and I didn't react.

Our app is called park4night but we also provide also places for day (morning/afternoon/evening).
A confusion may come from that.

1) Icons showing places allowed to sleep (some with camping comportement) are mentionned by thoses icons :
879491nightfullyautorized.jpg

2) Others icons are not declared allowed to stay the night and have camping comportement (put table outside etc...).
181872nightnotautorized.jpg

Laws/tolerances/punishments are differents from countries/regions/cities.
Each Motorhome users must have consience about their rights and duties in each case.
Even if a place is mentionned on our app allowed, place could have a new forbiden signed since the day before.

Sometimes some motorhome users violate rules and sleep on places not fully autorized.
They do it by their own consent with the app park4night OR without most of time considering they can also stay the night in picnic area or in a wild place.

Place you are talking about (Waggon Road, Ashton under Lyne) is on the second list.
So the question is "Is it authorized to park there and have a walk between 2pm and 3pm ?"
if it's not I'll correct the place.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks a lot Graham to let me the possibility to explain on this forum spirit and using of our app.

I saw few times people probably missunderstood and I didn't react.

Our app is called park4night but we also provide also places for day (morning/afternoon/evening).
A confusion may come from that.

1) Icons showing places allowed to sleep (some with camping comportement) are mentionned by thoses icons :
879491nightfullyautorized.jpg

2) Others icons are not declared allowed to stay the night and have camping comportement (put table outside etc...).
181872nightnotautorized.jpg

Laws/tolerances/punishments are differents from countries/regions/cities.
Each Motorhome users must have consience about their rights and duties in each case.
Even if a place is mentionned on our app allowed, place could have a new forbiden signed since the day before.

Sometimes some motorhome users violate rules and sleep on places not fully autorized.
They do it by their own consent with the app park4night OR without most of time considering they can also stay the night in picnic area or in a wild place.

Place you are talking about (Waggon Road, Ashton under Lyne) is on the second list.
So the question is "Is it authorized to park there and have a walk between 2pm and 3pm ?"
if it's not I'll correct the place.
Thank you Frederic. I can't see any explanation of the meanings of the various symbols and the accompanying text confused me into thinking that the yellow bordered square was no overnighting and the white bordered square denoted overnighting allowed.
For instance, the two Whitby places have a yellow bordered square and both make the point that overnighting is not allowed (even daytime parking of motorhomes isn't allowed in Back Marina car park) but the ones at Sandsend and Robin Hoods Bay have white bordered squares and the latter actually implies overnighting is OK by saying "Park overnight for £5.00" without mentioning that applies only to empty vehicles.
Similarly at Scarborough the text for the Sea Life Centre says "This public CP has no restrictions signposted", implying that signposts are needed, which they are not. Also the coach park. Whilst coaches and HGV are allowed to stay overnight, motorhomes are not despite the fact that there are no restrictions signed.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
When I am on the road going somewhere and I need to park up for the night, I use the app I was born with... my eyes.

Very rarely lets me down and it works offline too.

JJ :cool:

...And.... for some reason, I must say you are very good at finding real nice spots!

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Informations I gave are generals. There is always specificities.
As I said laws/tolerances/punishments are differents depends of countries/regions/cities.
Anyway Motorhome's users must take their own responsabilities.

[P] with white strip bordered mean "Parking day and night"
- sometimes it can mean allowed alfter 8-9pm
- sometimes it can mean you can spend the night.
In any case thoses parkings are not dedicaced for motorhome and camping comportement is normaly prohibited (table outside, motorhome's cales).

If you look only places reserved for motohomes you should consider only icon's on the first list.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Informations I gave are generals. There is always specificities.
As I said laws/tolerances/punishments are differents depends of countries/regions/cities.
Anyway Motorhome's users must take their own responsabilities.

[P] with white strip bordered mean "Parking day and night"
- sometimes it can mean allowed alfter 8-9pm
- sometimes it can mean you can spend the night.
In any case thoses parkings are not dedicaced for motorhome and camping comportement is normaly prohibited (table outside, motorhome's cales).

If you look only places reserved for motohomes you should consider only icon's on the first list.
I think you miss my point Frederic. My previous posts are about places where your web site gives misleading information so as to give you the opportunity to correct that information.
As the OP said:
I want to add a correction where we were misled so someone else won't be.
If you choose not to correct information when you have been told it is incorrect that is up to you.

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
I'm present on forums to help users to use the app and explain our products and services.
I'm not in charge myself to moderate the huge database (imagine well it could cost me day and nights to moderate 27000 places)
Database is managed by users themselves and our moderator team.
If you think there is an error, signal the error and a moderator will check.
Regards
Frédéric

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think you miss my point Frederic. My previous posts are about places where your web site gives misleading information so as to give you the opportunity to correct that information.
As the OP said:
If you choose not to correct information when you have been told it is incorrect that is up to you.
If you are worried about it , why not send in the right information yourself, instead of slagging off a brilliant website.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you are worried about it , why not send in the right information yourself, instead of slagging off a brilliant website.
1. I have given Frederic the information but he (from his post #27) seems to think it is not the responsibility of the managers of the site to correct information when they are told of it.
2. Why should I go to the trouble of spending my time in signing up specially when the site managers have that attitude?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
1. I have given Frederic the information but he (from his post #27) seems to think it is not the responsibility of the managers of the site to correct information when they are told of it.
2. Why should I go to the trouble of spending my time in signing up specially when the site managers have that attitude?
You have gone to the trouble of putting it on here, while you could have put it in the right place, it's free to join , what's the problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back