Calais - Dover ferry crossing - Any problems? (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Heading north for planned crossing to Dover on Monday. Have not heard of any recent problems regarding those hoping for unofficial " lift" across the water to the UK. Anybody used Calais - Dover recently, we intend arriving in time to drive directly to ferry, no stopover planned.
Thanks in advance.

Bryan.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Not heard any issues. The immigrant camp is still active but all been quiet on the news..
Safe trip....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The ferries going to the UK after the 23rd will be very full - of all the ex-pats reluctantly returning. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Heading north for planned crossing to Dover on Monday. Have not heard of any recent problems regarding those hoping for unofficial " lift" across the water to the UK. Anybody used Calais - Dover recently, we intend arriving in time to drive directly to ferry, no stopover planned.
Thanks in advance.

Bryan.
Bryan, we didn't have a problem when last minute shopping, nor when making our way to the Tunnel in Calais on Friday 3rd June. (y)

Have a good crossing,

Jock. :)

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Apart from security being a bit tighter ie they are looking in vans for illegals now and both french and british are checking passports no problems

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
For reasons too complicated to record here, we ended up driving hard for Calais on, Sunday night (12 June) in an attempt to catch the 0240 ferry to Dover.

What follows is my comment lifted from my FB entry that night, which is posted as a warning to others..... The immigrant problem at Calais continues, be alert guys, I wasn't and almost paid the penalty.

Just been "ambushed" at approaches to Calais Car Ferry Port. Gang of immigrants dragged trees across road to block us, rammed trees unable to fully stop in time but no damage. Gendarmes arrived very quickly for which we are very grateful as it was looking nasty for a moment. Served to make an "outie" of me for June 23, robbery was their clear motive..... Keep the bastards out !!!!

Bryan ( and Anna)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We came back through the tunnel last Wednesday.
Spent the previous night at Gravellines, then went to Cite Europe for some last minute supplies on Wednesday morning.
We had also spent the night at Cite Europe on the way out a month before.
No sight of anyone who looked remotely like an immigrant at any time. Apart from a very quick passport check there was no other check on the van or us.

Richard.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It all seems very odd to me that up until a a couple of weeks ago the news was full of reports of illegal immigrants and those wishing to sneak into Britain. Suddenly no news at all. Have they all gone home, or do you think there could be some sort of conspiracy from the powers that be controlling what you see on the news.

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
They have all gone to the Football to learn the thuggery they will need in UK to survive.
After we get put out of the game they will come here with hoards of disgruntled so called fans.
l myself do not do football.

Deleted User
For reasons too complicated to record here, we ended up driving hard for Calais on, Sunday night (12 June) in an attempt to catch the 0240 ferry to Dover.

What follows is my comment lifted from my FB entry that night, which is posted as a warning to others..... The immigrant problem at Calais continues, be alert guys, I wasn't and almost paid the penalty.

Just been "ambushed" at approaches to Calais Car Ferry Port. Gang of immigrants dragged trees across road to block us, rammed trees unable to fully stop in time but no damage. Gendarmes arrived very quickly for which we are very grateful as it was looking nasty for a moment. Served to make an "outie" of me for June 23, robbery was their clear motive..... Keep the bastards out !!!!

Bryan ( and Anna)

And how exactly will voting 'out' of the EU stop these none EU citizens from attempting to get to the UK. If they were citizens of an EU member state they would already be here.

BTW the Daily Fail is reporting that there has been some disruption to Ferry services today dueto the General strike in France.

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
And how exactly will voting 'out' of the EU stop these none EU citizens from attempting to get to the UK. If they were citizens of an EU member state they would already be here.

BTW the Daily Fail is reporting that there has been some disruption to Ferry services today dueto the General strike in France.

Didn't say it would in any way alter the status quo and I think you know that, but it did give me some small satisfaction making/writing/posting the comment.

Bryan

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It all seems very odd to me that up until a a couple of weeks ago the news was full of reports of illegal immigrants and those wishing to sneak into Britain. Suddenly no news at all. Have they all gone home, or do you think there could be some sort of conspiracy from the powers that be controlling what you see on the news.
An interesting post. Do you think the UK Government has this level of control over UK media and do you think UK media would take their advice not to publish news that was in the national interest. IMO our media take no notice of Government advice what-so-ever.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
An interesting post. Do you think the UK Government has this level of control over UK media and do you think UK media would take their advice not to publish news that was in the national interest. IMO our media take no notice of Government advice what-so-ever.

Well of course that is your prerogative to think that. I on the other hand think differently.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back