Pre delivery inspection paperwork? (1 Viewer)

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
I've been asking my dealer for the pre delivery inspection paperwork for our new Chausson (Fiat based) motorhome for over 3 months without success. I'm told that nobody ever asks to see it which I find odd to say the least. As it stands I have nothing in the service book to confirm a PDI took place although I'm assured it took place at the factory. I'll continue to chase it but wondered if any other members have had similar problems or have any other thoughts?

If I were buying second hand I would expect a full service history to include a PDI. Is it me being a bit pedantic?

Thanks

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There should have been two PDI's, one at the factory before it left their premises and one before it left the dealers.

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the reply. I agree but finding them is proving difficult. Have to say the dealer experience has been very poor. First time buying one of these and given the cost of them compared to cars, I expected much better service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I got the paperwork you want with the bundle of manuals that came with the van. Confirms that the paintwork wasn't touched up as well.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think you are expecting too much, it's an expensive Motorhome not a cheap car.:)
We have brought 2 new Hymers never seen one as long as the vans OK does it matter.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Motorhome dealers doing PDIs is an urban myth.
The customer does the PDI when he takes the van on holiday for the first time!

How else can you explain the constant problems pepole have with new vans?:)

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
It matters to me. I'm obviously a bit anal in my desire to have confirmation that my base vehicle had a PDI.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
It matters to me. I'm obviously a bit anal in my desire to have confirmation that my base vehicle had a PDI.
Have had a ticked checklist with newest van but not the two previously, maybe a dealer choice to do. However only goes thru gas/water/boiler then safety points.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I can't remember getting any PDI paperwork .
I have my doubts the showroom carry out a PDI because when I picked my van up last year , a shelve was missing and two of the back cushion clips attached to the wall were loose and just pulled out.
It's annoying because you find these things out after you leave the show room.
PDI paperwork should be available but I suppose with the excitement and stress of buying s new van , in my case, I forgot to ask for it.
Keep asking !

OP
OP
Christoph

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Just spoken to the dealer. According to him the PDI paperwork is in the post. We shall see!

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
That's not one of the VeryOldMoIceCreamInternetMans, @old-mo, much discussed fence posts is it ? :)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
According to our PDI the cab aircon was working, this was something of a miracle as it was subsequently found never to have been connected and there was a piece missing!

Deleted User
I don't think a p.d.i. Is done the dealer obviously has to clean the vehicle fit number plates etc but do they check everything is working, I don't think so_Our first motor home was missing half its exhaust pipe.
Spongy

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Thanks for the reply. I agree but finding them is proving difficult. Have to say the dealer experience has been very poor. First time buying one of these and given the cost of them compared to cars, I expected much better service.
Welcome to the life of a Motorhome owner, it's a different world ;)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Motorhome dealers doing PDIs is an urban myth.
The customer does the PDI when he takes the van on holiday for the first time!

How else can you explain the constant problems pepole have with new vans?:)

We asked after going back twice with the new Chausson about the PDI and the receptionist rushed into an admin office and came back with it signed!!
That would probably explain why the concertina door between the loo and the shower was never attached,discovered when we arrived in Portugal,some graphics all ruffled and damaged,one led constantly falling out ,window seal all fitted incorrectly,just wait till we return for the first service and annual inspection!!
Then the s--t will hit the fan,if we had one!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back