Where do you live (1 Viewer)

FullTimeDreamer

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Funster No
I am still working on our finances, but it is made more difficult because we don't know how or where we will will spend our days. I am sure that after we start it will become easier but a bit of help now would be good.

Where do you live, are you mostly abroad and just back here for the summer, how long do you stay in one place. I know everyone is different but if I have an idea about what we might end up doing it will help. THANK YOU FUNSTERS:Smile:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I live full time on a site in Cornwall which costs £60pw inclusive (EHU, showers & washing up station)
I am still working full time but hope to take early retirement at 60yrs old and go off and live the rest of the dream.

Not forgetting there is road tax, MOT, gas, repairs/replacements and fuel to calculate depending on how many miles your going to travel during a month.

Hope this helps.

Boo

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i live up the road from boo .we keep saying we will meet one day but never do. maybe we will. i do have parking for a large camper here that can be used if anyone needs a passing place to park . have fun summer is only round the corner. starts nov finishes in april. cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
I am the same as boo, but about 200 miles East...

and a bit younger :ROFLMAO:

Boo, aiming for attempt #2 on Cornwall next weekend (1st)

J

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Younger? there is no-one younger than me on this forum..............You mean mentally right? ::bigsmile:
Plenty of room on the site now all the tourists have gone john :Smile:

Alan, I will pop up this weekend if your about mate? I also lost your mobile number so if you can give me it again in a pm. :winky:

Boo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I am still working on our finances, but it is made more difficult because we don't know how or where we will will spend our days. I am sure that after we start it will become easier but a bit of help now would be good.

Where do you live, are you mostly abroad and just back here for the summer, how long do you stay in one place. I know everyone is different but if I have an idea about what we might end up doing it will help. THANK YOU FUNSTERS:Smile:

:Cool: Most of the time in Spain in one place now. But used to be on the road around Europe and spend all our summers in the UK. :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I live in my house surrounded by thick walls and tiles on the roof.

Come the weekend though and the endless holidays we get I tend to like my back garden to be a 1000 places, so in a way we are 1/2 time having slept the equivalent 8 months in our motorhome in 4 years. ::bigsmile:

Not sure I would want to full time and work like boo? each to their own and all that but for me it would have to be all that and nothing else. Only another 25 years and Im on the road.:thumb:

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.

We have fulltimed for the past 3 1/2 years. Try to spend winters in Spain and summer in the UK. It has gone to pot this year and shall spend winter in the UK. Hopefully we shall do a 6 month summer trip in 2010 aoiund the french aires down the weat coast or Brittany.

steve & ann. ------------ teensvan

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
And just to make a Quorum - I live just down the road from both Boo and VWAlan - in Cornwall. Nice place to be at any time of the year - get's my vote, anyway! :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have full timed and (sort of) worked for nearly twenty years now. I rarely use camp sites but I have been on my own for that period so don't mind parking here and there all over the UK and Europe.

Over the years you build up knowledge of where to stop and where not to... the freedom and change of scenery, the different places and people... superb.

It has been (and continues to be) a fabulous period of my life.

JJ

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Like Boo, VWalan and Moandick I hail from Porthtowan, Cornwall. I seem to have a different lifestyle. 3/4 months in Asia for winter, 3/4 months Summer in Spain, Portugal or Italy. This is every year. Scotland for a month in Oct/Nov see family in Inverness. The rest around home with weekend trips when it is nice. One thing I hate is the cold.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cold its that already .summer is coming nov to april .but not here. we will have to have a cornwall get together soon. bet ian will be here in a minute.

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
Like Boo, VWalan and Moandick I hail from Porthtowan, Cornwall. I seem to have a different lifestyle. 3/4 months in Asia for winter, 3/4 months Summer in Spain, Portugal or Italy. This is every year. Scotland for a month in Oct/Nov see family in Inverness. The rest around home with weekend trips when it is nice. One thing I hate is the cold.

hi there, mind telling me your route to Asia? I'm assuming you go in your motorhome. all sounds ideal!

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
cold its that already .summer is coming nov to april .but not here. we will have to have a cornwall get together soon. bet ian will be here in a minute.

Hi, Alan, Coming down to sunny Cornwall for xmas/new year- between Falmouth and Truro, would love to meet up with fellow funsters. We are coming 17 Dec to 8 Jan.
Cheers, Dave &Jen:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hope to be in maroc then ,sorry but if not would be ok.supposed to be leaving early nov but things might change you know what its like.loaded n ready to go . health check on the 2nd then if ok off we go.after 6 opps on my throat its hopefully ok as been for 12 mths but dont like having the camera stuffed up my nose never know what they find. keep my fingers crossed . might be seeing boo on sat for a coffee . any way have a nice time down here .cheers alan.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
About time we had a reply from a Northern Monkey! We live in a very small village in the North Yorkshire Dales between Barnard Castle and Richmond. Right on the Durham Yorkshire border and only 45 minutes from the Lake District. Despite it being (IMHO) one of the loveliest places in the UK to live we are trying desperately to find a way to bugger off in the van for a few years. Been away 124 days since Jan this year which isn’t bad considering we are both still working. Anyone want to rent a 250 year old stone built cottage 4 doors from a Michelin awarded pub/restaurant with miles of fields out the back and room to park your van start making me offers. Mind you you will have to pass Mrs D's scrutiny test first. Sometimes she doesn’t even let me in the house.

:Smile:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
About time we had a reply from a Northern Monkey! We live in a very small village in the North Yorkshire Dales between BarnardCastle and Richmond. Right on the Durham Yorkshire border and only 45 minutes from the Lake District. Despite it being (IMHO) one of the loveliest places in the UK to live we are trying desperately to find a way to bugger off in the van for a few years. Been away 124 days since Jan this year which isn’t bad considering we are both still working. Anyone want to rent a 250 year old stone built cottage 4 doors from a Michelin awarded pub/restaurant with miles of fields out the back and room to park your van start making me offers. Mind you you will have to pass Mrs D's scrutiny test first. Sometimes she doesn’t even let me in the house.

We must be almost be Neighbours

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Anywhere and everywhere - Beginnig September we were in Worcester then went to Manchester for a few days dropped down to Somerset for the 11th to 14th then over to Suffolk for a few days then to Louth for a few days on to the Lincoln show down to Somerset for 3 days then up to Cardiff for a rally and Cliff and the Shadows for a week now to Somerset for 3 days then - have not decided which order but will be a week in Cornwall, a week in Dorset, probably a week in Isle of Wight then 10 days in Kent possible a quick foray into Essex for a couple of days then back to Somerset for a few days - don't know from there on have not made mind up yet for the rest of the year but most of next year is already planned out in principal from easter onwards - a few rallies - a couple of shows - a trip to Belgium and France - possibly on to the Rhine and Mosselle. In between a few trips around the UK - if the weather is good then poss Scotland - as I say anywhere and everywhere :thumb: If we stand still too long might just as well have a house and spend all week looking after the garden :cry:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Thats a lot of toing and froing Landylover :Smile: but nothing wrong with that.

One of the things I want to do when we get ours is to go right round the coast at about 10 miles per day.:Smile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Thats a lot of toing and froing Landylover :Smile: but nothing wrong with that.

One of the things I want to do when we get ours is to go right round the coast at about 10 miles per day.:Smile:

Never get bored with the scenery or the neighbours - lots of places to go to and see things to do - its great. might slow down in a year or two but 2011 is going to see two months in Eire when the tall ships are racing - too much to do and see not enough time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We are a farm in Staffordshire that has a grassed Caravan Club CL site and rally field and a hard standing area where we are located.

The site is extremely popular with CC rallies every week end. we hope to remain here until mid next year before heading south to France and Spain.:Smile:

mick

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Im in Hutton Magna, where are you then?

Just moved from a farm 1/2 mile from Hutton magna, now at Staindrop for the winter, We usually bring the RV through Hutton Magna when we are going off.

We have seen a couple of vans parked in the village.

KennyD

Free Member
Oct 16, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hopefully Damon
Exp
Total novice
Full timing

::bigsmile: Hello to everyone, I am new to this particular site but we are selling the house and after Christmas going full timing, disabled wife but the quality of life it will give her will outweight any problems, big adventure for us, I am 63 and I can't wait.
Kenny:thumb:

Allen

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Funster No
::bigsmile: Hello to everyone, I am new to this particular site but we are selling the house and after Christmas going full timing, disabled wife but the quality of life it will give her will outweight any problems, big adventure for us, I am 63 and I can't wait.
Kenny:thumb:
Well done I hope everything works out for you,best of luck

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
WE ARE IN SKEGNESS UNTIL 6TH Jan and have been fulltiming for 2 years now, have travelled the uk ffirst going up thgrough scotland to visit john o groats and then going down through the middle of scotland with its breathtaking views, we then went, taking our time to lands end, was going to winter on the south coast but remembered we liked skegness so here we are!!! bbbrrrrr its really cold here though, wanted to go abroad for the first time but hubby is a bit scared about driving on the right!!! used the euro tumbling as an excuse not to go....... wish we had done it now considering the weather we have just had, and its 17 degrees in southern spain, never mind perhaps we will do it in the spring,

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Tricia, nice to see you on Fun, :Smile: hope your tanks have defrosted and all is well now.:thumb: You will love it in Europe, you could post when you are going, you never know another member might be going at the same time.:winky::Smile: Or when you get to the port or tunnel you will not be alone, just have a chat with another motorhomer and ask if you can follow for a bit, and after an hour you wont no what you were worrying about.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jane had her first experience about 18 years ago in Nice,:Smile: she spent more time sight seeing than looking at the map.:Doh: At that point I pulled up and got her driving, because we had been round the same road four times..................::bigsmile:.... She soon took notice and got the hang of it..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Until we got to Barcelona, then back to hanging out the sun roof with the video camera. :Eeek::Smile: Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi fulltime dreamer, we are not full timers and don't think we could sell everything and go off. I moan like hell about the garden when we come home and only go for two months at a time at the minute, mainly because our dogs still with us over 15 now and too old for a pass port, she does not like an english vet never mind a French one. :winky:I think three months would be nice, and I think anything over that Jane would kill me....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Must be a lot of pressure living in a small space over a long period. ::bigsmile: Bob.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
WE ARE IN SKEGNESS UNTIL 6TH Jan and have been fulltiming for 2 years now, have travelled the uk ffirst going up thgrough scotland to visit john o groats and then going down through the middle of scotland with its breathtaking views, we then went, taking our time to lands end, was going to winter on the south coast but remembered we liked skegness so here we are!!! bbbrrrrr its really cold here though, wanted to go abroad for the first time but hubby is a bit scared about driving on the right!!! used the euro tumbling as an excuse not to go....... wish we had done it now considering the weather we have just had, and its 17 degrees in southern spain, never mind perhaps we will do it in the spring,

We are looking to full time at some point and did three months this summer mostly in France to see how we would get on.

Fantastic!!!

Go to France in the spring and dont worry about driving, its a piece of cake and there is hardly any traffic compared to here. You can stay on Aires for free or a small charge for more popular ones. Diesel is cheaper despite the Euro rate and you will save a fortune not paying camping fees. Its also much safer than the UK.

Cant wait to get back there. Currently on a CL in the New Forest having just spent a week on the Isle of Wight. Its great being away but wish it was warmer outside!

Cheers
BD

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back