Vet in France/Belgium - info please (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're on our homeward leg of our holiday and will be travelling up from our current location of Mijoux in the South/East of France (just above Geneve, Switzerland) and probably spending a day or two in Belgium before our return crossing on Eurotunnel a week on Tuesday.

As we have 3 dogs (two about 8kg and one about 25kg) it can be a very expensive visit to the vet for the requisite check and worming treatment so I'm looking for suggestions of where we can go that won't rip us off.

Our return route is fairly flexible as we haven't decided exactly which course to take so can vary it within reason.

Any suggestions of vets to use and likely costs would be much appreciated.

Apologies if I don't get the chance to come on regularly to thank those who give details but we're usually somewhere without internet connection ... not been able to get it for a few days due to being up in the mountains watching 'naked' men dress up as St Bernard dogs!!!!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Get them done as far away from Euro tunnel as possible it's always cheaper we got both ours sorted for £33 in May but that was in Alencon the wrong side for you.
Our spaniel is around 20kg and terrier around 11kg

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
I suggest you dont stop anywhere near Bellac in the Haute Vienne the vet charged me 77 euros last year for my 35K briard for a tablet! Cheapest I can get round here is 40 euros for the tablet at Magnac Laval vet. If you find anywhere cheap can you post please for future trips home. We always go for the tablet not the injection as its cheaper
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
Hi, We use a vet in St Omer. Aire opposite side of the road and good English spoken. Post for more details.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Ierenartsenpraktijk,
't Kabientje,
Cabinet Veterinaire,
Guido Gezellelaan 129,
8930 Menen,
Belgium

Good parking opposite and the total charge was €25. We did not make an appointment, just turned up. They spoke good English. Believe there is an aire in Menen too.

We found this vet using our satnav.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've most often used a vet in Ypres. Fairly standard price but the speak good English (and reasonable Canine) and is just a walk from the aire.
We've sometimes emailed ahead for an appointment.
http://www.dierenartsenpraktijkdgp.be/

We used this one in February. They were very good. We didn't have an appointment, they spoke English and were great with the dogs. Can't remember exactly how much is was but from memory I think it was something like €47 or €48 for the two dogs including the tablets.

It did take us a couple of time up and down the street to find it though :whistle:

It's in there:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8...i6TfOJ_q85haFUoClg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As I've just posted on my '9 countries' thread, we (well hubby the wimp:D) decided he wanted to go home so we've changed our crossing from next Tuesday to this Saturday therefore as we were passing a town we popped into the vet and managed to get in to see them ... not the cheapest but not too bad for 3 dogs totalling €70 including the tablets - we were charged €55 for the consultation (€33 + a €22 supplement for the extra length of time) plus €15 for the tablets (one €7 and 2 at €4) - nice female vet who spoke fairly good English although we did speak French with her too - she'd sometimes ask a question in English and we answered in French as we'd been used to talking in French ... quite funny!

She didn't think our Romy who's nearly 13 (the heffalump) was so old as she looks much younger ... and acts it too ... she's been rolling about on the grass every chance she gets with her feet in the air happily mumbling to herself like a dog possessed!

The vet we used was Veterinaires Chatillonnais, 9 Rue de la Forgeotte, 21400 Chatillon Sur Seine, tel: 0033 380 91 13 75

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back