Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
In Spain. Have no signal. Not overly bothered if a solution isn't available. Can find Astra 2 no problem. The TVs tuned into at least a trillion channels. After the search nothing on tv. I'm told I need a dish at least as large as the motorhome. Is this correct. If so I shall continue talking to my good lady. It's been a while. The gin helps

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
No British channels in Spain other than Sky News and a couple of others like CBS, well southern Spain definitely, for quite a while now due to Sky narrowing the transmission signal to improve picture quality.

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
Aghh. Conversation it is then. Thankyou

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Sadly, it appears you have been informed correctly. Reasonable internet connection and a VPN account will get you the iPlayer and ITV Hub

I'm sure people can recommend a decent VPN. I use Slickvpn quit a bit

Alternatively, Gordons or Booths work

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
But if you're after the footy you should be able to get the German channels Das Erste and ZDF, they are numbers 260 and 261 on my sat tv list, which is an Oyster system (y)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Sadly, it appears you have been informed correctly. Reasonable internet connection and a VPN account will get you the iPlayer and ITV Hub

Yep, I use Private Internet Access VPN, works well for me

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I saw an advert for a 1.1 meter free standing dish and they said you could get a signal with that in Spain. It was on a tripod and not self seeking.

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991

Bombay sapphire. I am on holiday

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have all the UK channel at my "pitch" in Benidorm..
BBC, ITV, CN4 and 5.. Even local News from the midlands.. :)
oh. and a 3mtr dish on top of the apartment block :doh:

So that should tell you something,,, ;)(y)

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I have all the UK channel at my "pitch" in Benidorm..
BBC, ITV, CN4 and 5.. Even local News from the midlands.. :)
oh. and a 3mtr dish on top of the apartment block :doh:

So that should tell you something,,, ;)(y)
I'll get one of those.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
"Here is one i made earlier.. " LOL

DSC00771.JPG

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I know this won't be popular with those who have sat dishes, but with Sky now being unavailable in the kind of latitudes in which I tend to lurk, and with everyone wanting internet anyway, I just don't understand why people don't just watch online. Perhaps everyone does, and I've got it wrong

4G internet over here (Portugal) is commonplace, reasonably priced (I pay 44 euros/month all in for landline, unlimited broadband at 24Mb/s, mobile 4G SIM with free national calls and "unlimited" data, & 99 channels of crap via a satellite dish on the house), and coverage is good - from MEO

At home in .PT (and on a trip across .PT and Spain) I access my £90 Slingbox in the UK, and enjoy full Freeview, Freesat and Sky coverage. In the UK on the road, I just use my UK SIM

I also have a VPN router at home in .PT from UK (On special £50 from Broken Link Removed they're excellent) which allows Kindles and computer access to ITV Hub, iPlayer, Prime, etc. Excellent service. It's just plug and play, even the blonde harpie who claims to be the current Mrs Pyro and keeps following me around can use it

So for around £500 a year, I get landline, mobile, 4G data, fixed sat installation (useless unless you adore Portuguese football), all internet costs, TV and computer access to everything I can access back in the UK. I understand if people have already got them, but there's no way I would stick a £2k dish on top of a van nowadays in view of the alternatives.

I hope this helps others in their quest for entertainment on their travels.

As for Bombay Saphire, if your missus can still hold on to consciousness after a litre of that, then you may be in for a lot more than conversation tonight ;)

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I know this won't be popular with those who have sat dishes, but with Sky now being unavailable in the kind of latitudes in which I tend to lurk, and with everyone wanting internet anyway, I just don't understand why people don't just watch online. Perhaps everyone does, and I've got it wrong

4G internet over here (Portugal) is commonplace, reasonably priced (I pay 44 euros/month all in for landline, unlimited broadband at 24Mb/s, mobile 4G SIM with free national calls and "unlimited" data, & 99 channels of crap via a satellite dish on the house), and coverage is good - from MEO

At home in .PT (and on a trip across .PT and Spain) I access my £90 Slingbox in the UK, and enjoy full Freeview, Freesat and Sky coverage. In the UK on the road, I just use my UK SIM

I also have a VPN router at home in .PT from UK (On special £50 from Broken Link Removed they're excellent) which allows Kindles and computer access to ITV Hub, iPlayer, Prime, etc. Excellent service. It's just plug and play, even the blonde harpie who claims to be the current Mrs Pyro and keeps following me around can use it

So for around £500 a year, I get landline, mobile, 4G data, fixed sat installation (useless unless you adore Portuguese football), all internet costs, TV and computer access to everything I can access back in the UK. I understand if people have already got them, but there's no way I would stick a £2k dish on top of a van nowadays in view of the alternatives.

I hope this helps others in their quest for entertainment on their travels.

As for Bombay Saphire, if your missus can still hold on to consciousness after a litre of that, then you may be in for a lot more than conversation tonight ;)
I tried to read to read everything and truly appreciate the info but I'm sorry the sapphire has the better of me. I'll be home in three weeks. I'll just catch up. I don't think I'll be capable of anything this evening. Especially twidling knobs

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Understood. The gin riddled bimbo's eyes usually glaze over when I try to speak to her

Enjoy the conversation mate

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I'll try

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Pyro said.....As for Bombay Saphire, if your missus can still hold on to consciousness after a litre of that, then you may be in for a lot more than conversation tonight ;)...............

And don't forget to pull her vest down afterwards.......she'll never know :Eeek: :whistle:

OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
Pyro said.....As for Bombay Saphire, if your missus can still hold on to consciousness after a litre of that, then you may be in for a lot more than conversation tonight ;)...............

And don't forget to pull her vest down afterwards.......she'll never know :Eeek: :whistle:
Lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back