wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`ve been to look at a PVC today it`s a 1998 Peugot boxer swb with a high roof.
It is nicely done professional I think but not badged the down side is that the mileage
is 151000 does this seem high, it is a diesel though. Any thoughts (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

?

Deleted User
I not long bought a Peugot expert to convert. That has 150k on it and still strong. Had many a Pug 306, 309 diesels what a couple had almost 200k. Service them and they will run forever.

As long as its not rattling or drinking oil you should be fine.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
151000 does this seem high, it is a diesel though. Any thoughts

Hmm.. without seeing it and knowing more about it, t's too high for my liking..

it's not just the engine, but the gearbox, clutch, suspension, drive train, wheel bearings, etc .. that need to be considered.. is there any service history and receipts for work done ?

unless the price reflects the high millage .. I'd be looking for something younger ..

no right or wrong.. it's you who has to decide..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I`ve been to look at a PVC today it`s a 1998 Peugot boxer swb with a high roof.
It is nicely done professional I think but not badged the down side is that the mileage
is 151000 does this seem high, it is a diesel though. Any thoughts (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Bit short on info... Condition ? Equipment ? List is endless but your info is a bit short. Could be a bargain or mega expensive ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it has been used as daily transport it's only 8k a year but it sounds like a DIY conversion so conversion could have been done on a van that's been thrashed to death. Thread carefully as Charlie says could be a bargain or a disaster waiting to happen.

OP
OP
wasp

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It`s got hot and cold, water cassette toilet but no shower. cooker fridge an everything there is a scabby bit on the rear wheel arch but other than that it seems ok, it`s up for offers around 6grand I did notice the tyres are cracked on the sidewalls but that`s no great problem

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It`s got hot and cold, water cassette toilet but no shower. cooker fridge an everything there is a scabby bit on the rear wheel arch but other than that it seems ok, it`s up for offers around 6grand I did notice the tyres are cracked on the sidewalls but that`s no great problem

without pictures hard to judge.. but I think that's far too much

is it on eBay ?

OP
OP
wasp

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
No it is a private sale it is a lady we know and she doesn`t know much about it unfortunately she bought it so she could take her mother out on small trips but she has passed away so now the van is up for sale

?

Deleted User
No it is a private sale it is a lady we know and she doesn`t know much about it unfortunately she bought it so she could take her mother out on small trips but she has passed away so now the van is up for sale
If you are on a budget convert your own.

Newer van

Throw a grand converting it and you have a cheap camper. OK not a hi top but an example.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
wasp

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It is a good idea but TBH I can`t be a***d to convert myself I have this great ability of starting things and then, well you know, I have just spotted a nice looking Fiat on Autotrader at £4000 near me that`s on an 02 plate it looks tidy enough with 80 odd thousand miles on

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Just to put it in perspective we will be selling our 2005 Devon Sahara four berth PVC, factory converted from new with about 47000 miles on the clock for about twice the price in September.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Despite bieng a PVC owner I have little idea what the vehicles are worth. I do know however things like tyres and all the rest of it can soon add up and bills on slightly older vans can mount. You really do need to research the type of vehicle exhaustively before laying out your hard earnt money !

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Before doing a conversion work out what you want in it including all the equipment, fittings, trim, upholstery and insulation etc. You will be staggered at the cost.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
What Ever you decide. We hope you make the right one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back