Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
vilanov Park

Hi,
About to book above for 2 months Oct - Dec, very good rates.
Anyone used them and do they manage (they say OK) big rigs?
JK

Hi JK

We Have not been to this Location but just happen to have Big Pitch Guide to hand
It says takes 40 foot RV, but the write up for large vehicles is not that good regarding large RV's.

Am sure someone on here can be of more use.

Sorry

Ant & Debs

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Nick & Joy Lennon visited this site early in 2007 in their Winnebago Journey (35ft) - this is their report: although spoken of as suitable for RV’s we did not find it so. It was complicated to reach and the site entrance is very narrow. The whole site is shaded by low trees which made most pitches inaccessible - even though the staff did their best by cutting off branches as we approached. Most pitches are too tight and the access roads too narrow for manoeuvering. An area outside the toilet block can be used for a single RV but this was already occupied at the time. We actually got into a corner pitch but couldn’t open our slide-outs and the door opened into a hedge! The water was not potable and the waste dump was inaccessible. WiFi access and toilet/shower block good.

Compliments of Mo and Dick from the Big Pitch Guide

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
vilanov Park

Nick & Joy Lennon visited this site early in 2007 in their Winnebago Journey (35ft) - this is their report: although spoken of as suitable for RV’s we did not find it so. It was complicated to reach and the site entrance is very narrow. The whole site is shaded by low trees which made most pitches inaccessible - even though the staff did their best by cutting off branches as we approached. Most pitches are too tight and the access roads too narrow for manoeuvering. An area outside the toilet block can be used for a single RV but this was already occupied at the time. We actually got into a corner pitch but couldn’t open our slide-outs and the door opened into a hedge! The water was not potable and the waste dump was inaccessible. WiFi access and toilet/shower block good.

Compliments of Mo and Dick from the Big Pitch Guide

Thanks Mo & Dick
Hope I am not in trouble now!:ROFLMAO:
Received my copy of BPG and just cant put it down.

Ant&Debs
Also Ex Army Just Gradually Getting Old

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
About to book above for 2 months Oct - Dec, very good rates.
Anyone used them and do they manage (they say OK) big rigs?
JK

We went on Vilanova in Jan/Feb this year, in our van 22 foot overall length,we got to know a couple from Eastbourne, who had a large American RV type van, I think there's was around 30 feet long and they seemed to manage more or less.
The entrance and exit is very good but some of the pitches are a bit tight and the whole campsite is pretty closely wooded, so satellite reception is a bit hit and miss
There is an excellent bus service to Vilanova town from outside the gate 1.20 for the fare
Train service to Barcalona costs around 8 euros but there are guided tours from the site

Hope this info helps!! regards Ray!!

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool:Although we have not been on that camp site. Vilanova Ila Geltru was one of our favourite places when we were Wild Camping. Used to stay at the beach for months at a time and played Free tennis. Rode all along the beach to the Vilanova Park and beyond to Cubelles and Cunit. Some great shopping at the Indoor and Outdoor Market and also a Plus which is similar to a Netto. There is also a Lidl. Shame that they stopped ALL Motorhomes parking within the area. Hope you have a great time. :thumb:

villanova.jpg

bullvillanova.jpg

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
didnt know they had stopped campers parkig there .i usually stop near the beach .gets good surf there sometimes . or maybe they get abit relaxed in winter. use momos printout if they ask you to move. worked for me in augiles.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
didnt know they had stopped campers parkig there .i usually stop near the beach .gets good surf there sometimes . or maybe they get abit relaxed in winter. use momos printout if they ask you to move. worked for me in augiles.

:Cool: We used to stay there from September until November and between April and June. They then several years ago posted NO CARAVANS IN THE MUNICIPAL AREA. We did the last time we were there park in the Car Park at the end of the Park opposite a Hotel. We then found Cubelles just south and among the Dunes. We still do, but the area has been heavily built up over the last 5 years. :cry:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we must have just missed each other i normally leave here begining of nov. get there about the10th .keep my eyes open in future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back