Fait - Swift Bolero (1 Viewer)

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Copied from another forum, may be of interest to any Bolero owners!

Swift Bolero
I was lucky enough to collect a new Swift Bolero 684FB two days ago. After the handover we spent the night just up the road from the dealer. The next morning we woke up to a rear flat tire. The dealer sent a mechanic out who took off the wheel and found a screw in it.
However, when he went to put the spare wheel on, the wheel would not fit. So the mechanic took the wheels, had the puncture repaired and came back to get us going.
We went to the dealer and it was then we discovered why the spare did not fit. This may be of interest to all Swift owners.
When Swift buy the vehicle and chassis from Fiat they come with 15" wheels. Swift on this model ( not sure about others) upgrade these to 16" wheels. However they have not upgraded the spare. The dealer checked other Fiat vehicles they had on site and discovered these vehicles were also affected.
The dealer advised me that this was a major problem as there are a lot of Swift owners driving around with a spare wheel that is of no use.
In my case Fiat are ordering a correct size spare, but if you own a motorhome based on a Fiat Ducato base you may want to check your spare.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Something not right with that, if a brand new vehicle had a wrong spare wheel why isn't the dealer replacing it free of charge instead of whoever wrote that ordering one from Fiat?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I thought that the 16" wheels were standard on the 'heavy' chassis with 15" on the lighter one.
Surely Fiat would fit 16" all round, not leave the converter to change them. There would be thousands of unused wheels and tyres floating around the market looking for a home. Not very profitable methinks.
Sounds like a bit of a tall tale to me. (n)(n)

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
doesn't ring true with me either..

where was it posted ?

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Bolero has an Alko Chassis so maybe weight has gone up from original base vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User

Motorhome and campers group, on Facebook.

I'm just the messenger, note to do with me, just thought our Bolero owners should be given the opportunity to check their own units, that's all.
Well if its on Facebook then it must be true.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Possible as some of the standard chassis now fitted with 16 wheels, not just the maxi

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back