Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
After the drama of breaking down yesterday and nearly starting divorce proceedings last night things are back in perspective today. Been to the garage this morning they hope to have it ready by the middle of next week so all not lost maybe.
Rang Eurotunnel they changed our travel date to next Saturday no charge and we can change that again if necessary as long as we notify them within 24 hrs.

Supposed to be in a restaurant in Honfleur tonight celebrating our wedding anniversary.:rolleyes:

Pays to read terms and conditions tickets valid for 1 year and can be changed but must be done within 24hrs of travel time.(y)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Sorry, you have written within 24hrs of travel time, or do you mean a change has to be done before the 24hrs, ie 25hrs to avoid charge.

Bloody hall, even I don't understand what I have written. :)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Haha good to hear the divorce is off the table - I think we have all been there.

Interested in any decent restaurant in the Pas de Calais area for first night/last night meal. We went to the Cote d'Argent in Calais in February (you can book online) which was very good and within falling distance of the aire. Anything recommendations similar (or cheaper ;) ) would be appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry, you have written within 24hrs of travel time, or do you mean a change has to be done before the 24hrs, ie 25hrs to avoid charge.

Bloody hall, even I don't understand what I have written. :)

What have you been drinking:)

Its actually quite simple you can amend your booking up to 24hrs after booked travel time eg. we were booked on 3.20pm yesterday so had up until 3.20pm today to amend it if we didn't make the crossing.
Which we didn't.:(

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
At this time of day it's the pills. So your first post was technically incorrect, any change has to be done before the 24hr period and not as you said, within the 24hrs. I think. :D

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
I understand that your ticket is valid for 24 hours AFTER the booked crossing - if you do not use or rearrange the crossing, it is cancelled.

We rarely end up on the 'booked' crossing - we are usually either late (!) or reschedule :whistle:

If you cancel your trip, you can 'park' the booking on a date in the future to allow yourself time to reorganise and reschedule (also done this several times!!)

One of the many fabulous reasons why we love the Tunnel - we are able to be with the dogs, its a chance to lie down with a butty / book while crossing, use our own toilet etc. - and frequent traveller tickets mean that prices do not change unless we choose to go in the peak periods!

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Eurotunnel have improved there service over the years, we book it via C&CC months before to get a good price still knowing that we can change the booked dates

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We also had to cancel our booked journey via Le tunnel due to my "Brain Fart".
They let us push the date back from last December 11th to September this year.
Very satisfactory.
Got my licence back today, :LOL::LOL::LOL: so we WILL be using it before then...
Mitch.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Meal in Calais try le detroit,pop marina.had several good meals there,usually stay overnight on marina so not far to get to bed!usually the le Detroit does a 3 course meal fo 19 euros.which normally is a 4 course as they give you a "compliments of the chef"but beware this sometimes be soup which is no problem except when I ordered soup de poisson as my starter!did,nt really want 2 soup courses!!!!

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Always use Tunnel as they are just so much more flexible than the ferry companies.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Happy anniversary :wine:

France will still be there waiting for you and no football so less people :)

edit - apologies if you were going for the football and will be missing it o_O

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We just had to amend our holiday tunnel booking due to my wife's illness. We were with C & C C and they changed the booking for us as we booked with them originally. You have to pay any increase in price for the crossing plus an admin fee of £15 which I don't know if its for the tunnel or C & C C.

Cheap enough when I assumed I would have to claim off holiday insurance!

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We just had to amend our holiday tunnel booking due to my wife's illness. We were with C & C C and they changed the booking for us as we booked with them originally. You have to pay any increase in price for the crossing plus an admin fee of £15 which I don't know if its for the tunnel or C & C C.

Direct through eurotunnel no charge.(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007

I'm automatically thinking its Eurotunnel. The reason is that last year I booked via C & CC and I appreciate my fault for not checking but they'd booked me 24 hours earlier than I'd requested. My initial confirmation was the correct date but tickets not. So, I turned up at the tunnel only to find my booking was for the day before. The staff were superb and put us on the next train for £20.00. After an investigation, it was C & CC that had messed up and they didn't offer any compensation or even one pence towards my extra cost. Seeing as I paid for membership and saved £15.00 for the fair, I was in essence the membership cost and a fiver down so as I haven't used C & CC for years but continued membership (was a member spasmodically for over 50 years and continuously for last 10 years) so pointless trying to save 10% as it would save us £20.00 this year (still up because no membership to pay for) providing they get it right. OK, I appreciate I didn't fully check but that's life getting in the way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back