LPG Conversion in sunny Scotland (1 Viewer)

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
We have decided to go abroad at the end of the year for a few months and having read the posts on here recently realise we need to convert from Calor to LPG.

Can anyone recommend an installer in Scotland please. We are currently touring so can't buy one off the internet and then find someone to install and certify.

Cheers

Kevin

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not Scotland but we got ours done at Autogas2000 near Thirsk and will go there again. Plus you get Funster discount.

Knowepark in Livingston fit LPG but don't think they do tanks.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
convert from Calor to LPG
Calor is lpg but think I know what you mean..
I know Scott vans in Perth fit the refillable gas cylinders ..I think it's the gas it ones they fit.. If you give them a ring and ask for Jonathan. .. I know a few people who he has fitted them for ,but as helen mentioned not sure they do underslung tanks..
Autogas 2000 have a fair waiting list if you want them to do the work...
Ta andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Hi Andy, sorry about that, had a 'der' moment there.(n) and that's nothing new.

I think it would be easier to put refillable cylinders in.

Will give Jonathan a ring.

Many thanks. Kevin

And thanks puddle.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
we traveled from Glasgow to Thirsk cause we couldn't find anyone local. had a long weekend in York so wasn't a wasted journey. Might be worthwhile waiting and getting it done whilst on route to the south.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
We used Autogas 2000. Excellent service. We bought our van from scotvans, not sure I would go back there.

OP
OP
obanvanman

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Funny that, I have also heard a couple of things about Scotvans. Will give them a ring for a chat, thanks for your advice. Kev.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Turriff caravans fit auto gas under slung tanks as well as refillable bottles from Gaslow and Autogas. Speak to Malcolm and he will sort you out. Plus there is a large of the road lay by just outside the premises which is quiet, we went up and parked the night before to get the VB air assist fitted.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I am thinking on getting the "refillable LPG" conversion done so i can fill my bottles at a garage as apposed to having to swap them over, i have been looking at the DIT kit from Gas it when i came across this thread and just thought i would ask how much approx it was to get the refillable gas bottle conversion done at Autogas2000 , or even do away with the bottles and use it as storage and get an underneath tank fitted , ( i take it the underneath tanks are also for the likes of running gas cookers / fridges ) and not just used for LPG engine conversions ?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I think ours was around the ÂŁ400 mark with a single mid-size aluminium cylinder, safety cut out so gas can be on when vehicle is in motion, and a BBQ point fitted at Autogas2000. We will go back to Autogas to have them see if an underslung tank can be fitted to the new van when we get it (it wasn't possible on Buffy) and yes, for the domestic side of stuff, not propulsion.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We have decided to go abroad at the end of the year for a few months and having read the posts on here recently realise we need to convert from Calor to LPG.

Can anyone recommend an installer in Scotland please. We are currently touring so can't buy one off the internet and then find someone to install and certify.

Cheers

Kevin
Most caravan/ motorhome workshops will fit gaslow/ gasit systems. Best to find one that is convenient for yourself.
Prices could be very different at different places so shop around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back